Hosted on Telstra
Reliable and secure platform hosted by Telstra’s secure data centres
We’re here to help with 24x7 technical support, in-app instructions, simple online support articles and how-to videos to guide you through setup and installation. Join our Smart Home Crowd Support community, where you can share tips and tricks with other Telstra Smart Home owners.
2 year warranty
All our smart home certified devices come with a 2 year warranty you can be assured they are tried, tested and Telstra approved.
SMS & email alerts
Receive up to 200 SMS alerts per day and unlimited email alerts, based on the automations you create.
One app for all smart home devices
The Telstra Smart Home platform and app makes it easy for your devices to talk to one another. without needing multiple logons or separate apps.
Wide beam motion sensor
- Take your home automation to the next level with motion detection – ideal for monitoring rooms and triggering alerts or automations
- Perfect for large rooms and living areas with a 90 degree field of view
- Knows the difference between people and pets, so furry friends can roam free through your home without setting off the sensor
- A range of up to 15 metres
Not so fast! We thought we should warn you that this product will only work if you have an active Telstra Smart Home subscription and Telstra Smart Home Kit. Don’t have a Telstra Smart Home Kit? Check them out here
One-off charge on your Telstra bill
Wide-Beam Motion Sensor
Wide-Beam Motion Sensor
Includes device installation fee
Great news, a Smart Home technician is available in your area. Add additional devices in the next step and have them professionally installed with your order.
We're currently unable to provide Smart Home professional installations in your area. However, you can self-install your Smart Home devices with our over-the-phone specialist support. Or, get a local electrician to help you.
Sorry we have encountered a network error.
Waste not, want not
Matt spends a lot of his time turning lights off that his family leave on after they leave a room. To keep electricity costs down, Matt installed wide beam motion sensors in each room of his house and combined them with Smart Light Bulbs. Matt created a set of automations that switches off the lights in a room when no motion is detected for 30 mins. Smart move Matt!
Bring your smart home to life
The key to having a smart home is creating automations. An automation is an instruction that tells a smart home device what to do and when to do it It's easy to set up automations in the Telstra Smart Home app or Web Portal. For example,
- Set up your Smart Light Bulbs to switch on when your family settles in to watch TV at night
- Record a video or take a picture with the Indoor or Outdoor Wi-Fi HD Camera when there’s unexpected activity and you’re not around
- Switch appliances off with the Smart Power Plugs when everyone leaves for school and work
- Receive an SMS or email alert when motion’s detected and you’re not home.
Download the app
Professional installation of a device
- The professional installation of additional smart home devices incurs a call out fee of $96, plus additional charges for each device.
- The professional installation includes the pairing of devices, basic placement of devices around your home (not mounting a device on the wall or ceiling), demonstration on how to use Telstra Smart Home and the Telstra Smart Home app and setting up automations.
- Customised installations including cabling runs, cable concealment and wall or ceiling mounting of cameras. The additional charges for a customised installation will be quoted by the technician when on-site.
Simple installation with adhesive tape or screws.
We recommend installation within 20m of the Smart Home Hub.
To organise a Telstra Smart Home technical expert to come to your place to get you up and running, please call us on 13 22 00 and select Option 1.
- Dimensions: 66 x 102 x 60 mm
- Device weight: 100g
- Communications: via ZigBee
Telstra Smart Home: Requires a home broadband connection and home Wi-Fi network and must be activated via the free iOS or Android Telstra Smart Home app (data charges may apply).
Professional installation: If you need help, please call us on 1800 917 134 and select Option 1 to learn about our professional installation options. Not available in all areas. Professional installation provided by Telstra or it’s service providers includes installation of the devices only and does not include any in-home working or other modifications.
Data usage: Fixed broadband and mobile data usage incurred whilst using and accessing your Telstra Smart Home service (including access via the app or web portal) isn’t included in your Telstra Smart Home Plan and is chargeable in accordance with your broadband and/or mobile plan via your service provider.
Battery life: To extend battery life, once motion is detected, your sensor won’t detect any further motion for a three-minute period. The Telstra Smart Home App or Web Portal will alert you when the battery is flat. For more information about sensor motion detection behaviour, visit Online Support.
Pricing, payments and contract information: Please review the Critical Information Summary for a detailed explanation of pricing, payments and contract information. All Telstra Smart Home additional device purchases will be displayed in the Telstra Smart Home section of your bill.
What happens if you cancel? If you cancel your Telstra Smart Home service, your devices will no longer work as intended, and your stored video and image files will be deleted from the Telstra Cloud. To retain your videos and images, download and store them on your smartphone, tablet or computer before cancelling your service. The Smart Door Lock, Zen Thermostat, Sengled Light Bulbs will retain limited functionality, but won’t work with other third party smart home platforms. Early termination charges apply if you cancel before the end of your 24 month minimum term. Any remaining Repayment Option payments will become payable when you cancel your service.
Questions about Telstra Smart Home? We can help.
Have a question about smart home? Chat with our Live Chat team, they’re available 24/7.
Want to speak to us over the phone? Our smart home tech experts are available 24/7. Call us on 13 22 00 and say "smart home support".
Learn how to get the most out of your smart home through CrowdSupport® – our online community.