Hosted on Telstra
Reliable and secure platform hosted by Telstra’s secure data centres
We’re here to help with 24x7 technical support, in-app instructions, simple online support articles and how-to videos to guide you through setup and installation. Join our Smart Home Crowd Support community, where you can share tips and tricks with other Telstra Smart Home owners.
2 year warranty
All our smart home certified devices come with a 2 year warranty you can be assured they are tried, tested and Telstra approved.
SMS & email alerts
Receive up to 200 SMS alerts per day and unlimited email alerts, based on the automations you create.
One app for all smart home devices
The Telstra Smart Home platform and app makes it easy for your devices to talk to one another. without needing multiple logons or separate apps.
Roost smart smoke alarm battery
- Works with most 9V battery powered smoke or carbon monoxide (CO) alarms and Wi-Fi connections (see a full list of technical requirements and device compatibility)
- Easy to install into your existing smoke alarm without any tools
- Sends notifications to your smartphone if your alarm sounds, so you’ll get alerts even when you’re away from home
- Get notifications when your alarm batteries run low
- Set up automations with your Telstra Smart Home. If you have a camera in the same room as your smoke alarm you can set up for a photo or video to be sent to your phone when the alarm goes off.
Just a heads-up – this product will only work if you have an active Telstra Smart Home subscription and Telstra Smart Home Kit. Don’t have a Telstra Smart Home Kit? Check them out
One-off charge on your Telstra bill
Roost smart smoke alarm battery
Roost smart smoke alarm battery
Includes device installation fee
Great news, a Smart Home technician is available in your area. Add additional devices in the next step and have them professionally installed with your order.
We're currently unable to provide Smart Home professional installations in your area. However, you can self-install your Smart Home devices with our over-the-phone specialist support. Or, get a local electrician to help you.
Sorry we have encountered a network error
Roost smart smoke alarm battery is a battery that works with your existing smoke detectors to notify you when you need it most. It lets you know when a battery is low via SMS, and alerts you when you’re not home if the alarm goes off.
Professional installation of a device
- The professional installation of additional smart home devices incurs a call out fee of $96, plus additional charges for each device.
- Professional installation includes the pairing of devices, basic placement of devices around your home (not mounting a device on the wall or ceiling), demonstration on how to use Telstra Smart Home and the Telstra Smart Home app, and setting up automations.
- Customised installations include cabling runs, cable concealment, and wall or ceiling mounting of cameras. The additional charges for a customised installation will be quoted by the technician when on-site.
- Download the Roost app, create a Roost account and pair your Roost smart smoke alarm battery.
- Then add your Roost account to your Telstra Smart Home via our Telstra Smart Home app.
To organise a Telstra Smart Home technical expert to come to your place to get you up and running, please call us on 13 22 00 and select Option 1.
- 802.11n 2x2 Wi-Fi, 2.4Ghz
- 9V battery that connects into your smoke or CO alarm
- 3-5 year battery life
- Measures 48.3mm x 26.3mm, 17.3mm
- Two year warranty
The device is there to help prevent floods from happening and let you know about it before it becomes an issue, but if you can’t get home in time, we'll happily replace the device if one of these events occurs
Roost smart smoke alarm battery: Works with most 9V battery powered smoke or carbon monoxide (CO) alarms and Wi-Fi connections. If Wi-Fi connection is lost, the Roost smart smoke alarm battery will not send any alerts. Activation is required via the iOS/Android Roost app and Telstra Smart Home app (data charges may apply).
Telstra Smart Home: Requires a home broadband connection and home Wi-Fi network and must be activated via the free iOS or Android Telstra Smart Home app (data charges may apply).
Professional installation: If you need help, please call us on 13 22 00 and select Option 1 to learn about our professional installation options. Not available in all areas. Professional installation provided by Telstra or its service providers includes installation of the devices only and does not include any in-home working or other modifications.
Data usage: Fixed broadband and mobile data usage incurred whilst using and accessing your Telstra Smart Home service (including access via an app or web portal) isn’t included in your Telstra Smart Home Plan and is chargeable in accordance with your broadband and/or mobile plan via your service provider.
Telstra Smart Home and power/internet outages: Your Telstra Smart Home Hub requires a constant power and internet connection. In the event of a power/internet outage you’ll lose your ability to monitor your home and some functionality until power is restored.
Pricing, payments and contract information: Please review the Critical Information Summary for a detailed explanation of pricing, payments and contract information. All Telstra Smart Home additional device purchases will be displayed in the Telstra Smart Home section of your bill. Repayment Options allow you to pay off eligible Telstra Smart Home devices over a 24-month period on your Telstra bill. There is a maximum value of $500 per repayment option and you can have up to five repayment options on your account (5 x $500). Each repayment option must contain the same device type. A credit assessment will be conducted.
What happens if you cancel? If you cancel your Telstra Smart Home service, your devices will no longer work as intended, and your stored video and image files will be deleted from the Telstra Cloud. The Smart Door Lock, Zen Thermostat, Sengled Light Bulbs will retain limited functionality, but won’t work with other third party smart home platforms. Early termination charges apply if you cancel before the end of your 24 month minimum term. Any remaining Repayment Option payments will become payable when you cancel your service.
Questions about Telstra Smart Home? We can help.
Have a question about smart home? Chat with our Live Chat team, they’re available 24/7.
Want to speak to us over the phone? Our smart home tech experts are available 24/7. Call us on 13 22 00 and say "smart home support".
Learn how to get the most out of your smart home through CrowdSupport® – our online community.