Hosted on Telstra
Reliable and secure platform hosted by Telstra’s secure data centres
We’re here to help with 24x7 technical support, in-app instructions, simple online support articles and how-to videos to guide you through setup and installation. Join our Smart Home Crowd Support community, where you can share tips and tricks with other Telstra Smart Home owners.
2 year warranty
All our smart home certified devices come with a 2 year warranty you can be assured they are tried, tested and Telstra approved.
SMS & email alerts
Receive up to 200 SMS alerts per day and unlimited email alerts, based on the automations you create.
One app for all smart home devices
The Telstra Smart Home platform and app makes it easy for your devices to talk to one another. without needing multiple logons or separate apps.
Narrow beam motion sensor
- Take your automations to the next level with motion detection – ideal for monitoring doorways and entries, and triggering alerts or automations
- Unlike a Wide Beam Motion Sensor that can monitor a large space, this device monitors an area with a narrow beam that is triggered only when someone passes through it
- Knows the difference between people and pets, so furry friends can roam freely through your home without setting it off
- Range of up to six metres (direct line of sight)
Not so fast! We thought we should warn you that this product will only work if you have an active Telstra Smart Home subscription and Telstra Smart Home Kit.
One-off charge on your Telstra bill
Narrow-Beam Motion Sensor
Includes device installation fee
Narrow-Beam Motion Sensor
Includes device installation fee
Great news, a Smart Home technician is available in your area. Add additional devices in the next step and have them professionally installed with your order.
We're currently unable to provide Smart Home professional installations in your area. However, you can self-install your Smart Home devices with our over-the-phone specialist support. Or, get a local electrician to help you.
Sorry we have encountered a network error.
A virtual trip wire
Matt and Kate have bi-fold doors leading to the backyard. The doors are getting a bit old, so if they’re not pulled tightly closed, they tend to swing open. They’ve installed the Narrow Beam Motion Sensor to keep an eye on the doors. If anyone walks through, they’ll receive an SMS.
Bring your smart home to life
The key to having a smart home is creating automations. An automation is an instruction that tells a smart home device what to do and when to do it. It's easy to set up automations in the Telstra Smart Home app or Web Portal. For example,
- Set up your Smart Light Bulbs to switch on when someone walks down the hallway
- Record a video or take a picture with the Indoor or Outdoor Wi-Fi HD Camera when your family walks through the front door
- Switch appliances on or off with the Smart Power Plugs when you walk into the room
- Receive an SMS or email alert when motion’s detected and you’re not home
Download the app
Professional installation of a device
- The professional installation of additional smart home devices incurs a call out fee of $96, plus additional charges for each device.
- The professional installation includes the pairing of devices, basic placement of devices around your home (not mounting a device on the wall or ceiling), demonstration on how to use Telstra Smart Home and the Telstra Smart Home app and setting up automations.
- Customised installations including cabling runs, cable concealment and wall or ceiling mounting of cameras. The additional charges for a customised installation will be quoted by the technician when on-site.
Simple installation with adhesive tape or screws.
We recommend installation within 20m of the Smart Home Hub.
To organise a smart home technical expert to come to your place to get you up and running, please call us on 13 22 00 and select Option 1.
- Dimensions: 67 x 111 x 43 mm
- Device weight: 106g
- Communications: via ZigBee
Telstra Smart Home: Requires a home broadband connection and home Wi-Fi network and must be activated via the free iOS or Android Telstra Smart Home app (data charges may apply).
Professional installation: If you need help, please call us on 1800 917 134 and select Option 1 to learn about our professional installation options. Not available in all areas. Professional installation provided by Telstra or it’s service providers includes installation of the devices only and does not include any in-home working or other modifications.
Data usage: Fixed broadband and mobile data usage incurred whilst using and accessing your Telstra Smart Home service (including access via the app or web portal) isn’t included in your Telstra Smart Home Plan and is chargeable in accordance with your broadband and/or mobile plan via your service provider.
Battery life: To extend battery life, once motion is detected, your sensor won’t detect any further motion for a three-minute period. The Telstra Smart Home app or Web Portal will alert you when the battery is flat. For more information about sensor motion detection behaviour, visit online support.
Pricing, payments and contract information: Please review the Critical Information Summary for a detailed explanation of pricing, payments and contract information. All Telstra Smart Home additional device purchases will be displayed in the Telstra Smart Home section of your bill.
What happens if you cancel? If you cancel your Telstra Smart Home service, your devices will no longer work as intended, and your stored video and image files will be deleted from the Telstra Cloud. To retain your videos and images, download and store them on your smartphone, tablet or computer before cancelling your service. The Smart Door Lock, Zen Thermostat, Sengled Light Bulbs will retain limited functionality, but won’t work with other third party smart home platforms. Early termination charges apply if you cancel before the end of your 24 month minimum term. Any remaining Repayment Option payments will become payable when you cancel your service.
Questions about Telstra Smart Home? We can help.
Have a question about smart home? Chat with our Live Chat team, they’re available 24/7.
Learn how to get the most out of your smart home through CrowdSupport® – our online community.