Your shopping cart is empty
Showing 4 articles
What’s pay-as-you-go international roaming?
How to check your roaming usage
What should you do when you receive a fail email or SMS?
What’s an International Day Pass and how does it work for small business?
How does an International Day Pass work?
Once enabled on your mobile service, an International Day Pass will activate the moment you use your phone outside of Australia. You’ll have access to the day pass until it restarts at midnight 12am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
You only pay for the days you use your phone overseas. So once you’re back in Australia, you can leave your International Day Pass switched on and you won’t be charged.
We’ll send you SMS alerts so you can keep track of your spending. We’ll let you know when you’ve used 50%, 85% and 100% of your included allowance. We’ll also send you SMS alerts for every $100 of pay-as-you-go roaming outside of your included allowance.
SMS alerts are free of charge.
Each day you activate an International Day Pass, you’ll have access to:
- unlimited calls to standard international numbers
- unlimited SMS to standard international numbers
- 200MB of daily data.
The following is not included in an International Day Pass and will be charged at standard pay-as-you-go rates:
- MMS (multimedia and picture messages)
- Video calls, including FaceTime
- Third-party content charges
- Calls to premium 190 numbers
- Premium SMS 19 numbers
- Satellite numbers
- Operator-assisted calls.
A day pass resets at midnight 12am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
What if I go over 200MB of data?
After you use your 200MB of daily data, you’ll receive an automatic top-up of 500MB that lasts 31 days for $10. This 500MB of data will sit in reserve for days you go over your daily data allowance until you’ve used it all.
How to activate an International Day Pass?
You can activate an International Day Pass on your phone with the Telstra 24x7® app or on your computer using Your Telstra Tools.
Make sure roaming is switched on in your mobile phone settings for your International Day Pass to work.
Telstra 24x7 app
- Download the 24x7 app if you haven’t already.
- In the Services tab, select the mobile you want to add an International Day Pass to.
- Select International usage.
- Select Enable for International Roaming.
- Select Enable for International Day Pass.
- You’ll receive an SMS notifying you when your International Day Pass has been activated. You can check your usage at any time in the 24x7 app. You can also check your usage by dialling #108#.
Your Telstra Tools
- Sign in to Your Telstra Tools.
- Hover over the Services tab and select Mobile and Mobile Broadband.
- Select the mobile number you want to add an International Day Pass to.
- Select Enable for Roaming.
- Select Enable for International Day Pass.
- You’ll receive an SMS notifying you when your International Day Pass has been activated. You can check your usage on the Data usage summary, under the International tab. You can also check your usage by dialling #108#.
Once the International Day Pass is active on your service, you can leave it switched on while you’re in Australia. You won’t be charged until the next time you use your phone outside of Australia.
What if my destination isn’t covered?
When you arrive overseas, we’ll send you a free SMS to let you know if your destination is eligible and whether your International Day Pass is working.
If your destination isn’t eligible for an International Day Pass, you’ll be charged pay-as-you-go roaming rates. This means you’ll be charged for every call, SMS and MB of data used. These rates differ from country to country. So we’ll send you an SMS with pricing information for that destination.
How do I upgrade my phone on a Business Lease Plan?
How to make calls while overseas
How to update Call/Service barring settings?
How to unlock my phone with a PUK code
What are Third Party Content Purchases
$35 Team Plan
What's included in my mobile phone plan?
Divert my phone to my MessageBank
How do I set up and activate my iPhone?
How do I forward calls on my mobile?
What is Telstra One Number?
What does the 'Remove Telstra Plan' option in the Watch app do?
How to use your connected Apple Watch + Cellular?
How am I charged for calls and texts from my cellular-enabled smart watch?
What should I do if I lose my cellular-enabled smart watch?
How do I subscribe to Telstra One Number?
How do I cancel my Telstra One Number subscription?
How do I check my mobile data usage?
How do I set up and manage your data usage notifications?
My mobile data speed is capped. Will I be charged for excess data?
How do I add more data to my mobile or mobile broadband?
What happens when I change my mobile plan?
How do I cancel my mobile plan?
How do I know if my mobile plan has shared or non-shared data allowance?
How easy was it to complete your task on Telstra.com today?
Thanks for your feedback.