Telstra Plus One Million Members Promotion - Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. This promotion is being run by Telstra Corporation Limited (ABN 33 051 775 556) of 14/400 George St Sydney ("we", “us” or “our”).
3. The promotion starts at 9am 30th September 2019. Entries close once the One millionth Member has joined Telstra Plus by 31st December if not before ("promotion period").
Who can enter?
4. Entry to the promotion is open to all Australian residents who are Telstra consumer customers, who have enrolled In Telstra Plus and who are over the age of 18. Employees or contractors of the promoter and other companies associated with the promotion and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
How do you enter?
5. To enter, you must, during the promotion period:
a) join Telstra plus by visiting https://www.telstra.com.au/plus from 30th September and have an active Telstra account (“eligible entry”).
6. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
7. By entering the promotion, you agree and acknowledge that we (or our agent) may take photos of you and use the photos for our future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you.
8. A customer may only join Telstra Plus once during the promotion period and not enrol and unenroll from the program to join again, as this will, make the membership illegible and will be deemed invalid to win the prize.
9. This is a game of chance
10. There is one major prize to be won.
a) The major prize is 1,000,000 Telstra Plus Points valued at $2,500 (incl. GST)
b) The winner’s choice of one item from each of the seven categories in the Rewards Store that is in stock, valued at approx $5,958.64 (incl. GST)
i. Categories in the Rewards Store are: Watch, Tablet, Internet & Broadband, Mobiles, Headphones & Speakers,
Accessories, Smart Home
c) Two (2) tickets to a choice of 12 music, comedy or sports tours over 12months associated to Telstra or Telstra Plus tickets – based on an average ticket price, valued at $4,479.60
d) Two 365 Day Movie passes valued at $9,125 (incl. GST)
11. The total prize pool value is $22,063.24 (incl. GST).
12. The major winner will be determined once the One Millionth Member has joined Telstra Plus by 31st December if not before, at Level 19/400 George St Sydney.
13. The winner will be notified by telephone. The winner’s name will be published on telstra.com.au/plus once the One Millionth Member has joined by 31st December if not before.
14. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Unclaimed prize draw
15. If a prize remains unclaimed after 3 months by the 31st March 2020, the next closest Telstra Plus member numbered 1,000,001 will be contacted, subject to any directions from State and Territory regulatory authorities. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or in writing within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw.
16. You are only eligible to win one prize. We reserve the right to withdraw a prize if there are no eligible entrants to receive that prize subject to legislative approval.
17. By accepting a prize, you agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the prize including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. We reserve the right to use your comments, image and name for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity without compensation.
18. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, cannot be transferred, exchanged, redeemed for cash or sold. All other expenses associated with the prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
19. The ticket prize conditions consist of the choice of 12 events, valid from 12 months of the announcement date of the On Million Telstra Plus Member. Flights, accommodation, ground transfers are not associated to the ticket prize component.
20. Tickets are subject to standard ticket terms and conditions and are subject to change. The terms and conditions which apply for the use of the tickets at the time they are issued to the winner will prevail over these terms and conditions to the extent of any inconsistency.
21. The promoter reserves the right, at any time, and in its sole discretion to (a) request entrants to provide proof of identity and/or proof of valid entry (b) disqualify any entrant who the promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
22. Entries are accepted at the time of receipt by us. We will not be held liable for any entries not received for any reason during the promotion period.
23. We are not liable for any prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way after it leaves us.
24. We are not responsible for any variation in the value of a prize.
25. If we are unable to provide a winner with a prize (or part of a prize), we will supply an alternative prize (or that part of the prize) of greater or equal monetary value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
26. If for any reason, we are not able to conduct the promotion as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
27. We exclude all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of a prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Law, is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
28. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion including the supply of goods or services by any person to the prize winners, and where applicable to any persons accompanying the prize winners. We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the prize.
29. If the winner chooses not to take the prize or any component of it (or is unable to), they forfeit the prize and we are not obliged to substitute the prize or any component.
30. Where a prize includes a ticket, ticket allocation is at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Tickets are not, without the prior written consent of Promoter, transferable, to be re-sold or offered for resale or used for advertising, charity fundraising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including but not limited to competitions and trade promotions).
31. By entering this this promotion, you acknowledge and agree that it is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook/Instagram, and you release Facebook/Instagram from all liability and claims in relation to this promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this promotion should be directed to us and not to Facebook/Instagram.
32. Any entrant attempting to enter more than once per day by using multiple Twitter accounts, or using multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win.
33. By entering this promotion, you agree that we may use the personal information we collect from you:
a) to conduct this promotion, including determining and notifying the winners, disclosing that information to prize suppliers and State and Territory regulatory authorities; and
b) for future marketing purposes in any media, including contacting you after this promotion ends, on the terms set out in our Privacy Statement available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059. If you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you, you can contact us by phoning 1800 039 059.
ACT - TP 19/04309
NSW – LTPS /19/38652
SA – T19/1647