Telstra and Google have partnered to make calling easier. Whether your mobile is off, out of reach, or your hands are full, you can now make voice-activated calls on Google Nest speakers and displays. Only available to eligible Telstra mobile customers. It’s free to set up and calls are at no additional cost to your existing mobile plan. Data charges may apply. Link up to six mobile services with Google Voice Match So when you say "Hey Google, call mum", it calls your mum, not your flatmate’s mum
To get started you need
Telstra Smart phone
Connect Google Nest
Setting up is free
- Download the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Go to the Telstra mobile calling section and tap Telstra to begin linking, if you can't see Telstra then follow these linking instructions.
- Enter your mobile number and secure PIN code received by SMS. Accept the T&Cs.
- Sync your mobile contact list with your Google account.
To set up Voice Match, a Multi User Home and more visit our support page.
How to make a call with Google
- To call a contact:
Say “Hey Google, call...” then the person’s name as it appears in your mobile contacts list. e.g “Hey Google call Mum.” Or say “Hey Google, call…” then the person’s phone number.e.g. 0404 000 000
- To call a business:
Say “Hey Google, call…” then the business name. e.g. “Hey Google, call ABC Pizza in Richmond.”
- To call Emergency 000:
Say “Hey Google, call triple zero.”
- To call MessageBank®:
Say “Hey Google, call one, zero, one.”
- To choose options in the MessageBank® menu:
Say “Hey Google, press…” then the number you want. e.g “Hey Google, press five.”
- To end a call:
Say “OK Google, end call.”