Need help with your mobile or tablet?
Troubleshoot it here
Get your smartphone or tablet back in action as soon as possible with our quick and easy troubleshooting tools.
Troubleshoot it yourself, or get a little help
How to return a faulty device
Check some basics first
- Take the battery out and put it back in (if possible) then turn the phone back on
- Take the SIM card out and put it back in and ensure it is inserted correctly
- Check for outages on the Service Status page
- Perform a software update
- Perform a hard reset (be sure to back up your data before you do)
For device specific support, check out our Troubleshooting Guides
What happens next
- Our trained technicians assess your device to identify any fault and what might have caused it.
- We’ll let you know the outcome, and whether your device is being repaired or replaced.
- If your device has a major failure and you’ve asked for a refund then we’ll contact you to confirm we’re processing your refund within 5 business days. We’ll refund you the amount you’ve paid for the device within 5 business days by cheque, electronic funds transfer to your nominated bank account or deposit onto your Telstra billing account, depending on what you’d prefer.
- The whole process should take around 5-10 days. If there are any delays or complications, we’ll contact you.
Track your request
- Already returned a device? You can track the status here
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.