Before you go, activate international roaming on your mobile device so that you’ll auto-connect to the local mobile network at your destination.
My Telstra App
- Download or open the My Telstra app and log in using your Telstra ID
- Tap on services and select the mobile device you want to activate
- Select 'activate' for International Roaming
- Visit telstra.com/myaccount and log in using your Telstra ID
- Select your service from the dashboard menu under ‘Plans & usage’
- Go to ‘International Roaming’ on the ‘Plan details’ tab and select ‘Activate’.
My Plan Manager
- Visit telstra.com/mpm – it’s free from your device, even when you’re overseas
- Under ‘My Usage Overseas’, select ‘View and Manage’
- Select ‘Enable Roaming’.
We’ll send you an SMS when you arrive overseas to let you know that international roaming is activated and the pricing information for that destination. To avoid any international roaming data charges, check that data roaming is turned off in your device settings.
If you’re a mobile broadband customer, go to My Account to check your roaming status.
If you have a Pre-Paid service, international roaming will already be active on your service, and will be available for use when you travel overseas.