You can adjust the data settings of each app on your device to ensure that apps aren’t uploading or refreshing automatically and eating up all of your data.
Stop apps running in the background on Android
- Select ‘Settings’ and then select ‘Apps’ or ‘Application manager'
- Individually select the apps you want to disable to stop them running in the background.
Remember to re-enable them when you want to use them.
Turning off Background App Refresh on Apple iOS
- Select 'Settings' and then select 'General'
- Select 'Background App Refresh'
- You can either manually select which apps to update in the background or turn off Background App Refresh for all apps.