Information about the service
Telstra New Phone Feeling and Telstra New Tablet Feeling allows customers with an eligible Telstra mobile or mobile broadband plan and an eligible device on a 24 month Mobile Repayment Option (MRO) to purchase a new device during the final 12 months of their existing MRO term without having to pay the remaining payments for their existing device, when they return it undamaged and in good working order nd sign onto a new 24-month MRO.
Available on eligible Telstra mobile or mobile broadband plans. A one-off upfront fee of $149 will be incurred.
This offer expires at the end of your Mobile Repaymemt Option (MRO).
You can redeem Telstra New Phone Feeling or Telstra New Tablet Feeling if you’re:
- an Australian resident
- 18 years and older; and
- purchasing an eligible device on a 24 month MRO with one of the following plans:
- Telstra Business Mobile
- Telstra Business Mobile Broadband
- Telstra Business Mobile Choice
- Telstra Business Tablet Choice
If you purchased a device on an older plan, please check the Critical Information Summary supplied at the time you purchased your device or visit telstra.com.au/help/critical-information-summaries/personal to get a copy.
- Minimum Term and expiry
You must have Telstra New Phone Feeling or Telstra New Tablet Feeling for at least 12 months to be eligible to use it. If you do not use this offer by the end of your MRO term, it will expire.
- Upgrading your device
From the thirteenth month of your existing MRO until it ends, the remaining payments for your existing device will be waived if you:
- purchase a new device on an eligible 24-month MRO with an eligible plan
- agree to pay the device redemption fee of $149 (Redemption Fee) on your next bill at the time you redeem Telstra New Phone Feeling or Telstra New Tablet Feeling
- return your existing device undamaged and in good working order, together with your proof of identity and any additional documentation requested by us (eg, receipts), within 14 days of purchasing your new device. You must follow our instructions on how to return the device, and
- sign a form that will enable ownership of your device to transfer to a second hand device vendor nominated by Telstra once all eligibility criteria in this clause are met and all device locking features are disabled.
We may charge you the remaining payments under your MRO for your existing device if you do not comply with the eligibility criteria above.
To be eligible to redeem New Phone Feeling or New Tablet Feeling, you must also return your existing device with all activation and device locking features disabled (e.g, Find My iPhone on iOS devices). If you do not, we may charge you an inoperable device fee, which is equal to the fair market value of the existing device in an operable state. We will also return your inoperable device to you and charge you for the shipping.
If you are on a Telstra Premium Mobile Plan, you will not be charged the device redemption fee when you use the offer.
If your existing device is a mobile handset, you may only upgrade to a mobile handset. If your existing device is a tablet you may only upgrade to a tablet. You are not able to upgrade a mobile handset for a tablet and vice versa.
- Cancelling Telstra New Phone Feeling and Telstra New Tablet Feeling
Telstra New Phone Feeling and Telstra New Tablet Feeling is automatically included as part of your eligible plan with Telstra. However you are under no obligation to use Telstra New Phone Feeling or Telstra New Tablet Feeling.
- Good working order
A device that is undamaged and in good working order is one that is fully functional as intended and is not physically damaged, except minor scratches and other normal wear and
tear, as reasonably determined by us. For example, it:
- turns on and off functions normally (for example, it is capable of making and receiving calls and connecting to the internet and any touchscreen functions as intended)
- includes a fully functioning battery is free from physical damage except normal wear and tear (for example it does not have, liquid damage, cracked or a discoloured screen or casing, connector damage, or a faulty or broken SIM reader)
- does not have any missing, disassembled, customised or non-original parts is not IMEI blocked
If you return a device to us other than the existing device under your original MRO, we may ask you to provide an explanation or we may investigate why there is an IMEI mismatch. If there is insufficient proof of ownership, the Device will be dealt with in accordance with the law, and it may be returned to you, or sent to the relevant authority
- Your responsibilities
Removal of SIM card and data
You must remove the SIM card and any personal or confidential data from your device before returning it. SIM cards will not be returned and will be destroyed. Your device may also be reset to factory settings.
Device locking features
To be eligible to redeem Telstra New Phone Feeling® or Telstra New Tablet Feeling®, you must also return your existing device with all activation and device locking features disabled (eg, Find My iPhone on Apple devices). If you do not, we may charge you an inoperable device fee, which is equal to the fair market value of the existing device in an operable state. We will also return your inoperable device to you and charge you for the shipping.
Proof of ownership
If you return a device to us other than the existing device under your original MRO, we may ask you to provide an explanation or we may investigate why there is an IMEI mismatch. If there is insufficient proof of ownership, the device will be dealt with in accordance with the law, and may be returned to you, or sent to the relevant authority.
Information about pricing
- Your minimum monthly charge
There is no minimum monthly charge but you will be charged $149 at the time you elect to use Telstra New Phone Feeling or Telstra New Tablet Feeling
Telstra New Phone Feeling or Telstra New Tablet Feeling is a one-off charge and applied at the time you elect to use the service. This fee will appear on your next bill.
To opt into receiving paperless billing, visit telstra.com/emailbill to request an email bill and/or set up direct debit. For more information on other bill payment options, go to telstra.com/billpay
- Need help? We're here for you.
Visit telstra.com/contactus for our support options. Call 13 20 00 or 133 677 (TTY), or +61 439 12 5109 from overseas, to speak to someone about your plan or to obtain a copy of this summary in an alternative /accessible format.
If there’s something you’re not happy with and you wish to make a complaint, visit telstra.com/complaints. We like to make every attempt to resolve any issues but you can contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman by phone on 1800 062 058 or visit tio.com.au/about-us/contact-us if you would like an independent investigation
This is a summary only. The full legal terms for this plan are available at telstra.com/customer-terms
Apple and iPhone are trade marks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. ™ are trade marks and ® are registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556.
Download a printable copy