Set up Galaxy S21
Setting up a Samsung Galaxy S21 Series 5G
Already ordered your Samsung Galaxy S21 Series 5G? Here's the information on when to expect delivery and how to activate your Samsung phone.
There's also a quick guide on where to get Samsung earbuds and a Samsung wireless charger, and instructions on how to activate your SIM.
And remember that Telstra is rolling out 5G in selected areas on selected plans.
February 2021 | 6 minutes read
When will I get my Galaxy S21 Series 5G?
If you pre-ordered your Samsung Galaxy S21 Series 5G, it will be delivered free within 7 days of 28 January 2021.
Otherwise, if you ordered after 28 January, your Galaxy S21 Series 5G will be delivered within 7 days of your order.
If your delivery’s going to a residential address, and you’re not available to sign for it, the courier will leave a calling card with details of where it can be collected. Please collect it within 10 days or it may be sent back to us.
What's in the Samsung Galaxy S21 Series 5G box?
In the Samsung Galaxy S21 Series 5G box, you'll find the phone itself, a USB-C cable, an ejector pin to open the SIM slot, and a quick start guide.
There aren't any Samsung earbuds in the Galaxy S21 Series 5G box. But you can buy them online from Telstra.
Or, if you took advantage of the pre-order offer, you can redeem a bonus pair of Galaxy Buds by sending your details to Samsung.
The Buds model depends on which phone you pre-ordered. If you chose the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G you can redeem Galaxy Buds Live. And if you pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, you can redeem the next-gen Galaxy Buds Pro.
It's also important to note that there is no charger in the Galaxy S21 Series 5G box. Samsung says this is for environmental reasons.
The company is committed to cutting e-waste and believes most customers will already have a charger that they can use with the supplied USB-C cable. That's great news for the planet.
Simple steps for setting up your Galaxy S21 Series 5G
Smart Switch makes it easy to move from your old device to your new Galaxy S21 Series 5G.
1. If you're switching from another Galaxy phone, connect the two with a cable. If you're switching from another phone type, download the Samsung Smart Switch app on your old phone. Then connect the two phones with the appropriate cable.
2. Click 'next' on your new Galaxy and Smart Switch will guide you through the setup process.
Charging your Samsung Galaxy S21 Series 5G
As we've already said, the Samsung Galaxy S21 Series 5G doesn't come with a charger. If you have a charger from a previous Samsung phone, that will work just fine. So should chargers from other phones.
You can use the USB-C cable that comes in the box to connect your Galaxy S21 Series 5G to the charger.
Check out the range of chargers from Telstra - here are a few to get you started:
Samsung Trio Wireless Charger
3-in-1 charger has room to hold three devices - charge your smartwatch, phone and earbuds all at once. At night, just put your devices down in one place to be ready for tomorrow.
Convertible Wireless Charger
With the detachable magnetic kickstand, you can choose to use the Wireless Charger Convertible as a pad or a stand. Prop up your phone to keep watching while you charge, or lay it flat.
Cygnett PowerPlus 30W Dual USB-C & USB-A Wall Charger
Fast charge your USB-C devices with PowerPlus 30W Dual USB PD Wall Charger.
How to activate the SIM on your Galaxy S21 Series 5G
Check below to see if the new SIM card or eSIM you’ve ordered is activated and ready to go, or if you need to activate it when your delivery arrives.
If you ordered a new eSIM, you can find the QR Code on the eSIM card that we sent to you.
- I’ve ordered a new service with a new number. You're already activated. Insert your new SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you're good to go.
- I’ve upgraded my service but kept my existing SIM card. You're already activated. Insert your existing SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you're good to go.
- I’ve upgraded my existing service and ordered a new eSIM. Activation is required. Go to activation.telstra.com and follow the prompts. Then just scan your eSIM QR code with your device and you’re good to go.
- I’m transferring my number from another provider. Activation is required. Go to activation.telstra.com and follow the prompts. When your current service stops working, just grab your device and insert your new SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you’re good to go.
Need more help with your eSIM?
Once you receive your eSIM Card in the post, follow these simple steps to get started.
1. Turn your compatible device on and make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
2. Use the camera on your device to scan the QR code in your eSIM Card. Then, follow the prompts on your screen. Or, you can do this manually in your device settings:
- Go to Settings, tap Mobile and then Add Mobile Plan
- Scan the QR code in your eSIM Card and follow the prompts on your screen
Once you’ve set up your device, you’re ready to activate your Telstra service. If your service is already active, you can start using your new eSIM.
Got a question about eSIM? Visit eSIM Help and Support
Where to buy Samsung accessories
Telstra offers a range of Samsung accessories online.
You'll find accessories like Samsung earbuds and chargers - as well as silicone cases to protect your new Samsung Galaxy S21 Series 5G.
There is the option to purchase outright, or pay off selected accessories over 12 or 24 months if you have an eligible post-paid mobile service. If you leave early, simply pay out any hardware and accessories you've added.
You can also redeem your Telstra Plus points for rewards like cases, chargers, headphones, speakers and so much more.
Smart LED View Cover
See alert icons and control music and calls without opening the cover. Protects your phone on all sides and even has an antimicrobial coating. Carry a credit card in the interior pocket.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
The watch that watches out for you. Galaxy Watch 3 combines smartphone-level productivity and leading health technology in one classic device.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live
With an iconic shape and ergonomic design, a fit that lets in your natural surroundings, and a speaker optimised for a better experience. This is sound made for your ears.
Message us in the My Telstra app
If you have any queries about your Samsung Galaxy S21 Series 5G order, please contact us via messaging in My Telstra. You can also use the app to manage your services, pay bills and more.
- On your device, open or download the My Telstra app.
- Tap the 'Get help' tab, then the blue message icon.
- Send us your question and you'll get a notification on your phone when we've replied.