Setting up Samsung Galaxy S22 series
Setting up Samsung Galaxy S22 series device
Can’t wait to get your hands on your new Samsung Galaxy S22? Read on to see when you can expect delivery and how you can activate your Samsung phone and your SIM.
We’ll also show you how you can get a free Samsung Tab A8, 12 months of Disney+ on us, and a free accessories pack from Samsung.
If you’re wondering whether the S22 supports 5G even though it’s no longer part of the phone’s name, then rest assured: it does! And remember that Telstra is rolling out 5G in selected areas on selected plans.
6 minute read
Phones, wearables, buds, tablets available at Telstra.
When is the release date for the Samsung Galaxy S22 Series?
The official release date for the Samsung Galaxy S22 series is 4 March 2022, but it’s available for pre-order from 10 February 2022.
Customers who pre-order will start receiving their devices from 25 February. Telstra will be working with Samsung to deliver Samsung Galaxy S22 Series devices to our customers as quickly as possible, COVID-19 conditions permitting.
If your delivery is going to a residential address, and you’re not available to sign for it, the courier will leave a calling card with details of where it can be collected. Please collect it within 10 days or it may be sent back to us.
What's in the Samsung Galaxy S22 Series box?
Inside the box is the Samsung Galaxy S22 series phone itself, along with a USB-C cable, a quick start guide and a handy ejector pin to open the SIM slot.
Same as with the S21 series, a charger is not included in the box – an environmental move by Samsung. The company aims to cut e-waste and believes most customers will already have a charger they can use with the supplied USB-C cable.
If you don’t have a charger yet, the Samsung Galaxy S22 series pre-order offer allows you to redeem one for eligible orders. The offer includes the choice of a redeemable Power Pack that contains a Trio Wireless Charger, and a Super Fast Wall Charger + Leather Black Cover if you select the S22 Ultra model.
For those of you who already have a charger, there are two other Packs you can choose from. The Travel Pack contains a Car Charger and the Audio Pack contains a pair of Galaxy Buds 2 (with more goodies included if you get the S22+ or Ultra).
You can redeem your bonus Pack by sending your eligible order details to Samsung.
And as an exclusive offer for Telstra customers, if you pre-order any of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Series devices from Telstra, you can redeem a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8.
Simple steps for setting up your Samsung Galaxy S22 Series
It’s easy to move from your old device to your new Galaxy S22, S22+ or S22 Ultra with Smart Switch.
- If you're switching from another Galaxy phone, connect the two with a cable. If you're switching from another phone type, download the Samsung Smart Switch app on your old phone. Then connect the two phones with the appropriate cable.
- Click 'next' on your new Galaxy and Smart Switch will guide you through the setup process.
If you’re moving from an iPhone, check out Samsung’s Switching from iPhone to Galaxy guide.
Charging your Samsung Galaxy S22 Series
You can charge your Galaxy S22 series phone with any compatible charger that can connect to the USB-C cable that comes with the phone. This could be one from a previous Samsung phone, or another phone.
Check out the range of chargers from Telstra - here are a few to get you started:
Samsung Trio Wireless Charger
3-in-1 charger has room to hold three devices - charge your smartwatch, phone and earbuds all at once. At night, just put your devices down in one place to be ready for tomorrow.
Convertible Wireless Charger
With the detachable magnetic kickstand, you can choose to use the Wireless Charger Convertible as a pad or a stand. Prop up your phone to keep watching while you charge, or lay it flat.
Cygnett Powerbase II Wireless Desk Charger
Cygnett PowerBase II will wirelessly charge any device that supports Qi wireless charging, including Samsung Galaxy phones. Simply place your device on the charger and the wireless technology will do the rest.
How to activate the SIM on your Samsung Galaxy S22 Series
Check below to see if the new SIM card or eSIM you ordered will already be activated when it arrives. If not, you’ll have to activate it yourself. We’ll tell you how you do that.
If you ordered a new eSIM, you can find the QR Code on the eSIM card that we sent to you.
- I’ve ordered a new service with a new number. You're already activated. Insert your new SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you're good to go.
- I’ve upgraded my service but kept my existing SIM card. You're already activated. Insert your existing SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you're good to go.
- I’ve upgraded my existing service and ordered a new eSIM. Activation is required. Go to activation.telstra.com and follow the prompts. Then just scan your eSIM QR code with your device and you’re good to go.
- I’m transferring my number from another provider. Activation is required. Go to activation.telstra.com and follow the prompts. When your current service stops working, just grab your device and insert your new SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you’re good to go.
Need more help with your eSIM?
Once you receive your eSIM Card in the post, follow these simple steps to get started.
- Turn your compatible device on and make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
- Use the camera on your device to scan the QR code on your eSIM Card. Then, follow the prompts on your screen. Or you can do this manually in your device settings:
- Go to Settings, tap Network & Internet and then add Mobile Network.
- Scan the QR code in your eSIM Card and follow the prompts on your screen.
Once you’ve set up your device, you’re ready to activate your Telstra service. If your service is already active, you can start using your new eSIM. Got a question about eSIM? Visit eSIM Help and Support.
Where to buy Samsung accessories
Telstra offers a range of Samsung accessories online.
You'll find accessories like Samsung earbuds and chargers - as well as a range of cases to protect your new Samsung Galaxy S22 Series.
There is the option to purchase outright, or pay off selected accessories over 12 or 24 months if you have an eligible post-paid mobile service. If you leave early, simply pay out any hardware and accessories you've added.
You can also redeem your Telstra Plus points for rewards like cases, chargers, headphones, speakers and so much more.
Message us in the My Telstra app
If you have any queries about your Samsung Galaxy S22 Series order, please contact us via messaging in My Telstra. You can also use the app to manage your services, pay bills and more.
- On your device, open or download the My Telstra app.
- Tap the 'Get help' tab, then the blue message icon.
- Send us your question and you'll get a notification on your phone when we've replied.