An Ovum whitepaper provides a roadmap to support
mobilisation objectives for enterprises moving
towards a mobile workspace.
Most businesses see mobile services, devices, and applications as essential tools in the workplace and recognise the benefits that mobility brings to the business. As the workforce and work practices evolve, new business challenges are emerging. Many companies are now embracing the idea of a fully mobile and virtual workplace – they no longer see mobility as a challenge but as an opportunity.
Download the Ovum whitepaper on the new model for mobile-first enterprises.
Key findings from Ovum research
This Ovum survey of more than 2,700 IT professionals globally, identifies challenges faced by CIO and IT Managers supporting enterprise mobilisation:
- Security. Ensuring that company data is secure on mobile devices tops the list of enterprise concerns, cited by 88% of respondents in our survey. This is a growing challenge as businesses allow employees to access business applications from mobile devices, particularly where those devices are not owned by the company.
- Control of mobile spend. The cost focus in mobility is centred on the cost of data (and sometimes whether data charges result from business or consumer/personal usage). Control of mobile spend was cited by 86% of respondents and cost allocation by 81%.
- Quality of service. Ensuring quality of service for mobile users is also critically important as employees increasingly rely on mobile devices for everyday tasks in the workplace. This was cited by 85% of respondents in our survey.
- Mobilising business applications. This is a growing requirement as companies’ mobilisation activities expand and mature. As complexity is increasing, many companies are now supporting a mix of business and consumer applications across corporate-liable and employee-liable devices. Cited by 83% of respondents.
- Formulating a mobility strategy. Many companies are actively looking at how they will support future ways of working. The development of a future mobility strategy was cited by 82% of respondents in our survey.
Adopting mobility-as-a-service can provide a means to deal with the increasing complexity of mobility now.
Download the Ovum and Telstra whitepaper for details on how to move towards the flexible workspace of the future.