Australians will soon have unlimited, on-demand access to a vast catalog of music, streamed to their mobile, tablet, computer or net-connected TV after Telstra today announced an exclusive partnership with award-winning subscription music service, MOG.
Telstra’s Executive Director of Media, Applications and User Experience, J-B Rousselot said the exclusive partnership to bring ‘MOG powered by Telstra’ was the first of its kind in Australia and a big win for Australian music lovers.
“The number of subscribers to mobile music streaming services is expected to approach 161 million worldwide by 2016 i and Australians will become a part of the music revolution with this deal. The service will provide access to ad-free, unlimited music on phones, tablets, computers and TVs with an internet connection for less than the price of a CD each month.
“The days of storing CDs or loading your playlists onto all your devices are coming to an end. The subscriptions service means Australians will be able to stream music from a library of more than 15 million tracks to their phone, tablet or PC whenever they want.”
“Telstra’s network superiority means customers will receive the best music experience with MOG through faster download speeds, faster streaming and no data costs for using the service,” Mr Rousselot said.
David Hyman, CEO and founder of MOG, said by partnering with Telstra MOG will be able to broaden its reach and bring Australians the best music listening experience available on multiple platforms.
“Australia is a key, major music market and we’re pleased to be the sole provider of on-demand streaming music for the leading telecommunications provider in Australia. With Telstra’s superior network music lovers will get the best streaming experience from MOG’s entire catalogue of on-demand music from wherever they are and we’re making it easier than ever to do so.”
How does it work?
When the service launches in the coming months, Australians will be able to download the MOG app on their smartphone or tablet or login to their account via PC or MAC and receive:
- On-demand streaming: Unlimited, ad-free listening to any artist, album, or song at any time. MOG’s HTML5, browser-based player delivers music to you blazingly fast on the web.
- Unlimited downloads: MOG allows users to download and store music on their phone, enabling access to music even when a data connection is unavailable – ideal for jetsetters.
- MOG radio: Best-in-class, personal radio that enables users to switch between true artist-only playlists or a full mix of similar artists.
- Personalised recommendations: Instant recommendations based on individual music preferences. “Just for you” provides music recommendations based on your MOG listening habits and your artist “likes” on Facebook.
- Highest quality audio: MOG streams music at 320kbps, giving customers a high quality listening experience.
- Curated content: Explore all MOG has to offer through its complete guide. From New Releases, Editor’s Picks, top Charts, Featured Playlists, and Custom Radio in addition to their own, tagged songs from within the MOG music service, users will find exactly what they’re looking for (and more).
The service will be available to all Australians in the coming months regardless of network. For more information about MOG and Telstra, visit mog.com.
Telstra has Australia’s largest and fastest mobile network with more than 2.2 million square kilometres of coverage which means Telstra customers will be able to stream music from MOG faster from more places in Australia.
About MOG Inc.
MOG Inc. is a next-generation music media company founded in June 2005 by David Hyman, former CEO for Gracenote. MOG's all-you-can-eat, on-demand listening service provides access to a vast library of over 15 million songs through its mobile apps on iPhone, iPad, iTouch and Android, online, on streaming entertainment devices, Internet connected TVs and Blu-ray players and in the car. MOG Inc. is also the provider of The MOG Music Network (MMN), the premier destination for music content online and largest music focused advertising network consisting of over 1000 music sites, reaching more than 60 million people each month (comScore 2012).
Headquartered in Berkeley, California, MOG Inc. investors include Menlo Ventures, Balderton Capital, Simon Equity Partners, Universal Music Group and Sony Music. Grammy-winning record producer, Rick Rubin, named by Time Magazine as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the world," is a member of MOG’s Board of Directors.