muru-D names its top 10
muru-D has announced the 10 successful teams set to enter its start-up accelerator program, powered by Telstra. muru-D is a unique opportunity for the cream of Australian innovative start-ups to learn from the best – receiving ongoing business support, mentoring and coaching to bring their ideas to life in addition to a $40,000 investment.
The 10 extraordinary teams represent a broad range of industries, from app development to sustainable farming equipment and even financial software.
This group signifies the beginning of the muru-D journey. These elite start-ups form the first round of the accelerator program which will help foster local technology innovation, by identifying and supporting start-ups to develop their products and services.
muru-D called for nominations from across the whole of Australia. The first round was judged by industry heavy weights such as Aliza Knox the Managing Director of Online Sales, APAC at Twitter and Stuart Fox, Managing partner of Artesian Ventures. Only passionate and innovative entrepreneurs, dedicated to their big idea and ready to take their start-up global made the cut.
The muru-D winners are:
- Chatty Kidz – a video chat platform for global families using educational content to engage the kids
- Class Cover – an online platform for schools that automates the real time sourcing and booking of casual teaching cover
- Farmbot – a revolutionary new monitoring system for farms
- Limerocket – a social games network, connecting SmartPhones to digital screens to enable multi-screen games
- Momentum Cloud – Australia's leading provider of cloud-based performance and reporting software for schools and child care centres
- OpenLearning – a social online learning platform for universities, colleges and companies
- Pixc – a high volume image editing service for e-commerce stores
- Safesite – a revolutionary safety management system, saving time, money and improves safety on building sites
- Vistr – SaaS CFO – helping SMBs better manage their finances and grow profits
- Zed Technologies - a software and workflow solutions developer that enables Radiology Departments to work more effectively
Ann Parker, muru-D Program Co-founder explained, “muru-D is passionate about supporting innovation in Australia."
“I’m confident the first group to enter the program is only the beginning to unearthing some of the most exciting technology companies Australia has to offer. This opportunity could be life-changing for the successful finalists and we just can’t wait for things to get started,” Parker added.
“Telstra is passionate about playing a key role in identifying, nurturing and retaining the country’s best entrepreneurial talent, to help drive technology-based economic development,” said Charlotte Yarkoni, Co-Founder of muru-D & Head of Global Applications & Platforms at Telstra.
“For Australia to remain a leader in the new digital economy we must ensure we’re consistently nurturing local innovation. muru-D is the place for technology start-ups to access investment opportunities and business assistance in their crucial acceleration phase,” she added.
The six month long funded acceleration program, based in Paddington, Sydney, NSW, will provide the winners with access to business mentors and coaches, and introductions to Telstra’s partners and suppliers. muru-D will invest $40,000 in exchange for 6% equity. At the end of the program, the start-ups will participate in a demonstration day for media and investors, to secure further rounds of funding.