Telstra offers millions of Australians unlimited free Wi-Fi in time for summer
Telstra is giving millions of customers unlimited free access to the nation’s largest Wi-Fi network, Telstra Air®, in time for summer.
Launched in June, the Telstra Air Network® is available in thousands of neighbourhoods across Australia via Wi-Fi hotspots at selected parks, shopping areas, cafes, beaches, transport hubs and in residential areas.
Starting today, millions of new and existing mobile customers on eligible pre-paid and post-paid plans can access the Telstra Air network for the first time and enjoy unlimited free Wi-Fi until 30 June 2016.
Existing Telstra Air members and Telstra home broadband customers who become Telstra Air members are also being rewarded with quota-free Wi-Fi at Telstra Air hotspots during this period provided they don’t exceed their home broadband allowance.
Neil Louis, Telstra’s Head of Wi-Fi, said free access to Telstra Air would help customers connect and share in the places they love to spend time during summer.
“As Australians hit the beach, head to the coast and relax in our parks we’re giving eligible customers free Wi-Fi at thousands of Telstra Air hotspots across the nation,” he said.
“That means they’ll be able to kick back and relax with their favourite content at selected beaches, parks and many of the nation’s top holiday destinations like Byron Bay, Rosebud, Surfers Paradise, Noosa and Margaret River.”
“We’re tipping customers will use the data-equivalent of sending more than 50 million high-quality photos to post, browse, share and stream on our Wi-Fi network over summer.”
Mr Louis said the Telstra Air Network would help to connect the nation over the busy holiday period alongside Telstra’s leading mobile network that offers fast, unparalleled coverage on the move.
“Free access to Telstra Air for our customers is just one of the ways we’re helping the nation get connected as people break for the holidays. We’re putting the finishing touches on a massive upgrade of our mobile network in more than 70 holiday hotspots across the nation,” Mr Louis said.
The launch comes as the warming months see Australians get out and about with their smartphones in hand.
- Over summer, mobile network traffic in top coastal retreats can double and triple due to an influx of holiday-makers.
- Figures from Facebook show 2.5 billion pieces of content are posted during the season – 25 million every day (Based on figures from Summer 2014)
- Summer comes to life visually on our Facebook feeds with the volume of videos and photos posted increasing 17 per cent.
- Women are the most prolific sharers of video over summer accounting for 63 per cent of video posts – versus 37 per cent created by men.
Telstra Air community grows
The Telstra Air Network comprises thousands of Telstra Wi-Fi hotspots at selected pink payphone sites and retail stores at some of Australia’s busiest and most iconic locations, as well as hotspots created by Telstra Air members, known as ‘homespots’. It provides Telstra broadband customers with an eligible Telstra home broadband service and compatible gateway the unique option to use their home broadband allowance inside and outside the home.
Since launch almost 300,000 members have joined the network and ten councils have partnered with Telstra to roll out additional public hotspots in civic spaces.
Top places to relax with Telstra Air this summer
Telstra Air is available in more than 100 coastal towns and retreats, including in:
- Broome, WA
- Byron Bay, NSW
- Surfers Paradise, QLD
- Noosa, QLD
- Mooloolaba / Maroochydore, QLD
- Sorrento & Portsea, VIC
- Rye & Rosebud, VIC
- Albany, WA
- Victor Harbour, SA
- Bridport, TAS
Customers can find and automatically log into their nearest Telstra Air public hotspot with the touch of a button using a Telstra Air app.
How Australians can take up the Telstra Air Free Wi-Fi offer
- Existing Telstra mobile customers can check whether they’re eligible by visiting www.telstra.com/freewifi or can sign up to a Pre-Paid or a personal Post-Paid plan.
- Telstra Air members don’t need to do a thing. Telstra will stop counting the data they use on the Telstra Air Network through to 30 June 2016, as long as they still have data remaining in their home broadband allowance.
- New Telstra home broadband customers can take up an eligible Telstra bundle to receive a Telstra Air compatible gateway and membership to the Telstra Air community at no additional cost.
- Existing eligible Telstra home broadband customers without a compatible gateway can purchase one from Telstra.