Pre-order the Google Pixel 3 on Telstra’s mobile network and get a bonus Google Nest Mini
Telstra customers will soon be able to get their hands on the new Google Pixel 3 and the Google Pixel 3 XL, Google’s latest flagship smartphones.
Available for pre-order from today, the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL will boast smarter AI powered features and an even more impressive camera for effortless and stunning photography, with unlimited online photo storage until 2022 in Google Photos.*
The Google Pixel 3 will also work with Telstra Messaging, the next generation in messaging technology. Using Rich Communication Services (RCS), Telstra Pixel 3 customers will be able to access a number of new features including group chat, file transfer and location sharing.
Pixel 3 also comes with an 18 Watt fast charger in the box, which provides up to 7 hours of use in 15 minutes of charging. With its AI-powered Adaptive Battery technique, Pixel 3 prioritises battery power for the owner’s most important apps to help make their phone last longer**.
Customers will also be able to search what they see. Using Google Lens they will be able to look up similar clothes, furniture, and home décor, copy and translate text, identify landmarks, plants and even dogs. Additionally, Pixel 3 comes with Google Assistant so owners can find traffic and weather information, search the web or control their Google Pixel 3 with voice commands.
Steve Dance, Telstra Connected Devices and Accessories Principal said, “Following the popularity of the previous Pixel smartphones with our customers, we’re really excited to be launching the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL on Australia’s best mobile network. We think customers are going to love the impressive camera, long-lasting battery and AI powered features such as the Google Assistant and Google Lens.”
Customers who take up the Google Pixel 3 64GB on the $99 Mobile Lease Plan with a $0 monthly handset lease payment (Min cost $2,376 over 24 months when handset returned in good working order¹) will receive 30GB of mobile data as well as Peace of Mind Data which is speed capped at 1.5Mps (which is not suitable for HD video or high speed applications, and means that some web pages, video/social media content and files may take longer to load) and slowed further during busy periods. For personal use in a smartphone in Australia only, is not shareable and the FairPlay Policy applies.
Peace of Mind Data allows customers to stream SD videos and music, and stay in touch on social media while on the go, without worrying about extra data charges if they exceed the monthly data allowance. The speeds customers actually receive may vary depending on a range of factors including their device, location, user numbers and download sources.
Customers will also receive a bonus Google Nest Mini (RRP $79) when they pre-order or purchase the Google Pixel 3 at Telstra before 25 December, for an integrated home and mobile Google experience. Subject to stock availability instore and online.
Customers will also receive all the great extras exclusively available to Telstra mobile customers like data-free streaming of AFL, NRL, Netball and A-League and access to Australia’s largest and fastest mobile network. Based on national average mobile speeds.
For more plans and pre-order information please visit https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/google
Media contact: Matthew Wu
Reference number: 136/2018
Google Lens and Google Assistant require an internet connection.
For available Google Lens languages, visit g.co/help/lens.
*Free unlimited online original-quality storage for all photos and videos uploaded to Google Photos taken from Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL through 31/1/2022. Photos and videos taken from Pixel 3 and/or Pixel 3 XL and uploaded before 31/1/2022.
** Approximate battery life based on a mix of talk, data, standby and use of other features with always on display off and mobile hotspot off. An active display or data usage will decrease battery life. Wired charging: rates are based on use of the included charger. Wireless charging: Up to 10 W with Pixel Stand (sold separately). Actual results may vary.
Things you need to know
- Google Nest Mini Gift: Google Nest Mini requires Wi-Fi, and a nearby electrical outlet. Subject to stock availability in stores. Available to new and recontracting customers with all Mobile and Mobile Lease Plans (excluding plans with Apple devices). Not redeemable for cash.
- Device Lease Contract (DLC): If you cancel early you may incur early termination fees and total min cost may be higher.
- Mobile Lease Plans: You must lease an eligible phone for 24 months. You don’t own the phone, and must return it at the end of the lease unless you make an offer to purchase it. If your lease is cancelled within 12 months, you must pay a fee based on the RRP of your device. If your lease is cancelled after 12 months, you can return the phone and pay $99 if in good working order. In both cases you must also pay any additional early termination charges or accessory option repayments options. Additional fees up to $499 apply if you return a damaged phone, the locking features have not been disabled, you cancel your lease early and return a damaged phone or you don't return your phone at the end of your lease. Learn more about leasing at telstra.com/lease-plans swap
- Foxtel Now: Data charges apply. Limit 1 offer for new Foxtel Now customers only.
- Sports App: Only Suncorp Super Netball, Australian based test matches and Fast 5 World Series live. Data-free on the Telstra Mobile Network. For use in Australia. For more info: telstra.com/livesport.
- Pixel, Google, Google Lens, Google Assistant, Google Nest Mini, Google Photos and other Google marks are trade marks of Google Inc. Foxtel marks are used under licence by Foxtel Management Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. ® are registered trade marks and ™ are trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited, ABN 33 051 775 556.