Do you need a high-end communications solution that facilitates video calls? Or do you need to be able to distribute data from one site to another, or to multiple sites? Do you need it to be scalable?
Our Business Ethernet solutions are designed to cater for a broad range of business needs, including voice and video communications, online applications and more. We offer the following packages:
Business Broadband Ethernet
Business Broadband Ethernet
Our Business Broadband Ethernet provides a high-end internet solution to power your business communications, online applications, and special services like video conferencing. One of the benefits of this solution is its equally fast downloads and uploads. Carriage is via a dedicated business-only network and supported by our IT and network experts.
You need a fixed phone line service in order to get Business Broadband Ethernet.
Benefits of Business Broadband Ethernet:
- Equally fast upload and download speeds
- Plans are capped for easier cost control1
- Remote working capabilities2
- Static IP address
Telstra Business Broadband Ethernet Plans
All plans include:
- 10 x Business Mail POP email boxes3 with web mail access
- 1 x Business Domain name registered4 and hosted5 (eg. www.companyname.com.au)
- Access to CustData – our service management and reporting tool online
- Australia-based 24/7 business technical help desk
($0.08/MB for excess usage)
($0.08/MB for excess usage)
($0.08/MB for excess usage)
|Min cost over 24 mths||$14,928||$17,160||$15,720||$18,072||$18,360||$21,096||$26,808||$30,816|
|Min cost over 24 mths||$20,952||$23,688||$21,648||$24,888||$25,080||$28,848||$46,728||$53,736|
|Min cost over 24 mths||$27,600||$31,728||$30,360||$34,920||$34,200||$39,312||$84,744||$97,464|
|Min cost over 24 mths||$40,920||$47,064||$42,120||$48,432||$44,880||$51,624||$190,344||$218,904|
Things you need to know
- Excess data charges on Telstra Business Broadband Ethernet plans is capped at the applicable excess usage cap amount set out in Our Customer Terms per Telstra Business Broadband Ethernet service in a single billing period. Excess data usage charges do not apply to Unlimited plans. Unused data allowance expires each month.
- Device dependent and available through IPSEC capabilities on Telstra Purchased Cisco Router. This feature can be set up and configured through Broadband Extra’s Router Support Service or enabled through Business Support. Additional charges apply.
- One primary address and four secondary email addresses provided per mailbox, including 100MB storage per mailbox and spam and virus filtering. SMTP facility included with BusinessMail POP has certain limitations, including: the number of emails that may be sent which is 25 emails every 10 minutes, the total email size for every email sent including attachments is 10MB and the number of simultaneous connections to SMTP gateway per IP address is limited so that only one email can exit at any point in time which other emails queue behind this email.
- Subject to domain name availability. To meet the eligibility criteria for .com.au, .net.au or.org.au domain names, your requested domain name must be an exact match, abbreviation or acronym of your name or trade mark or be closely and substantially connected to you.
- For .au domain types, registration and hosting for 24 months. For non .au domain types, registration and hosting for 12 months. Renewal fees will be charged after initial registration. Each .com domain name will automatically renew unless you advise us otherwise. Initial business domain name registered where you take up any of the included business mail pop mailboxes. If you acquire multiple Telstra Business Broadband services then you must associate the included ten (10) Business Mail POP mailboxes with a separate domain name for each Telstra Business Broadband service.
Fast, reliable and dedicated, Ethernet ATM is specifically designed for data traffic. As a wide area network (WAN) product it interconnects your multiple business sites. An alternative to a standard ATM service, this product provides your organisation with a low-cost Ethernet interface to your ATM high-speed data service, using a network terminating unit (NTU) at your organisation’s premises.
Ethernet ATM can provide your business with:
- Reduced equipment costs -Transmit data traffic via ATM using a simple Ethernet interface
- Reliable data transfer - Based on reliable and proven ATM infrastructure
- Routing control over data traffic - Using Layer 2 networking between pairs of sites.
Cost-effective ATM access
Ethernet ATM enables businesses to make use of our reliable ATM network to transmit volumes of data traffic via a simple Ethernet interface. There’s no need to terminate the ATM service directly on more expensive ATM hardware.
Access all areas
Ethernet ATM works with standard ATM services and with Business DSL services, helping you to enable a mix of access types within a single customer network. Existing ATM customers can opt to use Ethernet ATM to connect new sites to their existing network. The product can also be used as a head-end for a network with multiple Business DSL ‘tail’ sites.
Greater priority for your business
You can be assured that priority will be given to latency and time-sensitive applications. This high-speed data product provides different classes of service (CoS) to suit different traffic types such as voice, video and data.
A network you can trust
Ethernet ATM uses Telstra’s robust and reliable ATM network. It’s the leading ATM service in Australia, providing businesses with cheaper access to a proven network. And because we‘ve been operating commercial ATM services since 1997, we have the experience you can depend on.
Reliably transfer your data via ATM
Ethernet ATM is used for metro, intra-state and inter-capital wide area networking between two or more sites to carry quantities of voice, data and/or video traffic and bandwidth speeds ranging from 10Mbits to 100Mbits.
- Ethernet ATM network terminating unit (NTU) - placed at the customer’s premises
- Easy to upgrade - access bandwidth speeds of 10Mbits, 20Mbits, 50Mbits or 100Mbits (10/100baseT Ethernet customer interface) interworking with Business DSL - use as head-end access for the main data centre with Business DSL tails for smaller sites
- Interworking with ATM - interwork Ethernet ATM sites with existing Telstra ATM sites without requiring customer premise equipment (CPE) swap-out at existing sites
- Range of permanent virtual circuit (PVC) speeds - tailor bandwidths between each pair of sites, to individually suit data requirements
- Available nationally - inter-state and intra-state
- Layer 2 networking - support protocols other than IP to retain control over the routing of data traffic
- Available bandwidth - access bandwidths up to the peak information rate (PIR) for each PVC when needed.
Optional features include:
- Dual access - optional protection against failures in the access network or port
- Back-up PVCs - provided to alternative sites for disaster recovery configurations
- Virtual local area network (VLAN) to PVC mapping - separate traffic between PVCs (and sites) based on VLAN tags for an even higher level of control over data traffic
- Managed wide area network (MWAN) - Telstra can manage the entire network, allowing you to focus on your core business
Ethernet Line (E-Line)
Transmit large amounts of data with a high-capacity, long-haul Ethernet product. Ethernet Line (E-Line) is a dedicated high-speed point-to-point, and point-to-multipoint Ethernet data service, supporting Layer 2 Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet transmission of data.
Ethernet Line transmits data in and between Australia’s capital cities as well as other urban areas. The service can provide your company with:
- Dedicated high bandwidth - connection speeds to customer sites range from 10Mbits to 10Gbits for point-to-point services and 10Mbits to 1Gbits for point-to-multipoint services
- Internet Direct connectivity - connect to the internet
- Ethernet customer interface - directly connect standard Ethernet customer premise equipment (CPE) to the service.
Help protect all your critical data
Ethernet Line offers clear channel-like performance over our network, reducing issues around packet loss, latency and jitter. Head-end data aggregation further allows for point-to-multipoint connection with a single fibre at the customer head. Up to 16 sites can be aggregated to the head-end, with the total bandwidth not exceeding 1Gbits.
Perfect for inter-capital data transfer
Ethernet Line transmits large amounts of data in and between Australia’s capital cities as well as other urban areas. The latency of the E-Line service depends on the connecting cities, on whether the route is coastal or inland (between some cities) and whether the connectivity is protected or standard.
Ethernet Line is a premium dedicated data product - you don’t share core bandwidth with other E-Line customers. E-Line provides carrier-grade point-to-point and point-to-multipoint dedicated data capacity.
Protect against network failures
Ethernet Line can provide full connectivity protection. If one side of the synchronous digital hierarchy (SDH) ring fails, customer traffic is automatically redirected to the other side of the ring using sub-network connection protection (SNCP) in less than 50 milliseconds.
Let us manage it for you
We have the experience and capabilities to plan, build and support Ethernet-based network solutions. Managed Wireless Access Network (WAN)options are available with Ethernet customer premises equipment. This way you can focus on your core business and let us manage your entire network.
Transmit your data over greater distances
Ethernet Line is a premium service that meets the needs of businesses requiring the transmission of data at higher bandwidths over greater distances.
- Ethernet customer interface - allows your Ethernet customer premise equipment (CPE) to connect directly to the service
- Layer 2 networking - supports protocols other than internet protocol (IP) and retains control over the routing of data traffic
- Inter-capital and intra-capital services - transmits data in and between Australia’s capital cities as well as other urban areas
- Wide range of speeds - connection speeds to customer sites range from 10Mbits to 10Gbit
- Head-end data aggregation - allows for only one access service connection with Multiple Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN) to customer and/or an internet connection.
A simple, high-speed and scalable network that can cope with hungry applications is what you get with Ethernet Lite. You can use Ethernet Lite as an access component to connect to your wide area network (WAN), to the internet, or for interconnecting to your customer’s own networks.
With Ethernet Lite, your business can:
- Support your bandwidth - Guaranteed throughput and reliability for hungry applications. Bandwidth options range from 128kps up to 10 Mb/s.
- Provide remote access - Deliver your service in a variety of ways
For more information
Provide remote access
Ethernet Lite can be used to help build your IP WAN or virtual private network (VPN), providing your staff with remote access to central office sites. With the new Ethernet over First Mile (EFM) capability, we can deliver Ethernet Lite (BDSL) services at increased bandwidths over greater distances than before. The service can be delivered in a number of ways, including as a point-to-point service to connect two sites, or in conjunction with Ethernet ATM, Telstra’s frame relay service, Telstra IP WAN or Internet Direct as part of a wide area network (WAN).
Dedicated and reliable data access
Unlike typical internet-grade DSL products where customers share a connection-based platform, Ethernet Lite delivers dedicated End User Access and Individual Service for each of your end-users. The Target Service Availability for Ethernet Lite (BDSL) has been increased from 99.6% to 99.8%.
Let us manage your network
We use established processes and competencies to support all your business data transfer, internet and connectivity needs. We can install and manage a network terminating unit (NTU) for each Ethernet Lite service. This NTU supports a 10/100 Ethernet port and provides simple and cost effective connectivity into a corporate WAN.
Flexible configurations and speeds
Ethernet Lite can be delivered in a number of ways, including:
- As a ‘point-to-point’ service to connect two sites
- In conjunction with Ethernet ATM
- In conjunction with a Frame Relay service
- In conjunction with IP WAN
- In conjunction with Internet Direct as part of a wide area network (WAN).
Depending on the access speed, a number of different throughput levels - Ethernet virtual circuits (EVC’s) with varying committed information rates (CIR) - are also available.