- MY ACCOUNT
BlackBerry® mobile phones & plans
What is BlackBerry 10 OS?
Introducing the reinvented BlackBerry. An intelligent and intuitive experience that constantly adapts to your needs.
The latest BlackBerry mobile phones are powered by the new BlackBerry 10 operating system (OS).
Every feature, every gesture, and every single tiny detail is designed with you in mind. BlackBerry. Keep Moving.
Notice the blinking red light?
Now it’s even easier to stay close to what’s important to you. Simply peek into the BlackBerry Hub from any app with a swipe to effortlessly flow in and out of your messages and conversations.
The BlackBerry Keyboard learns how you write and adapts to how you type. It understands what you want to say and suggests words to help you type faster, more accurately and with the least amount of effort.
Respond to emails, stay connected with BBM™, or work on an important document on the go Get the best typing experience – whatever your style.
BBM Video with Screen Share
Share and be seen with BBM Video.
Switch from a BBM chat to a BBM Video conversation on the fly, to catch up face-to-face and share what’s on your screen.
Blackberry® Individual Solution
BlackBerry Individual Solution (BIS) is not compatible with BlackBerry 10 OS devices including the Blackberry Z10.
Blackberry® Individual Solution – the email solution especially designed for BlackBerry smartphones
Get connected with BlackBerry Individual Solution (BIS) and enjoy an unlimited number of emails, as well as BlackBerry Messenger (BBM™) and mobile internet browsing (via the BlackBerry Browser) while in Australia. Choose from a range of BlackBerry smartphones and keep in touch while on the go. You can also view and edit work documents such as Microsoft® PowerPoint and Excel and Adobe® PDF at a moment’s notice.
BIS is available as a bolt-on plan for customers with an eligible Telstra mobile plan and a compatible BlackBerry smartphone. BIS is for individuals, home offices or smaller businesses that need to access the internet and emails while on the move. BIS is ideal if you use an ISP email address (such as Yahoo!®, Hotmail®, etc) and have no email server, while BlackBerry Enterprise Solution (BES) is for larger businesses that have their own email server.
Whether at work or at play, get connected and stay in control with the ability to print emails and attachments via any fax machine. Available on all BlackBerry smartphones with Version 4.0 smartphone software or above.
Together with your BlackBerry smartphone, BIS offers:
- UNLIMITED number of emails in Australia: Get connected while on the go with instant email, delivered to your BlackBerry smartphone.
- UNLIMITED mobile web browsing via the BlackBerry Browser in Australia: Experience convenient and unlimited browsing via the BlackBerry Browser.
- UNLIMITED Instant Messaging: Chat in real time the easy way with BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) or Instant Messaging (Google®, Yahoo!, Windows Live®, Facebook® Chat, etc).
- UNLIMITED use of BlackBerry apps from BlackBerry App World® while in Australia: Includes popular apps such as Twitter, Facebook, BlackBerry Maps, Poynt and more.
Add BlackBerry Individual Solution onto your eligible Telstra mobile plan
If you have an eligible Telstra mobile service with a BlackBerry smartphone, you can add BIS to your service for an additional $10 per month.
To find out more about these plans, call 13 2200 or visit your local Telstra store or dealer.
BIS is included at no extra cost on $80 or higher 24 month Every Day Connect plan or $100 Every Day Connect BYO Plan
To activate your BlackBerry email service
With a BIS Month-to-Month Plan on your eligible Telstra mobile service, you can configure up to 10 email accounts from your BlackBerry smartphone.
Each email account configured on your BlackBerry smartphone will have its own email inbox displayed.
If you haven't received it yet, download the BlackBerry Getting Connected Guide (PDF, 1.7Mb). This will help to guide you through the BlackBerry set up process and ensure you have all you need to get going with your BlackBerry smartphone.
For more information, visit your nearest participating Telstra store.
Things you need to know
- Our FairPlay Policy (as set out in Our Customer Terms) applies.
- BIS excludes some usage including, without limitation, content charges and data usage while overseas. Standard charges apply for excluded use and for usage over the included monthly allowance. Unused allowance expires monthly.
- Send and receive an unlimited number of emails while in Australia. Experience may vary with large attachments and / or embedded content.
- Charges will apply for browsing outside the BlackBerry Browser, use of video streaming applications and for content / subscriptions.
- Use of the Telstra browser will incur data usage charges. The included MB allowance by plan will be used first and then the standard plan excess data rate will apply
- Use of your BlackBerry smartphone for tethering will incur data usage charges. The included MB allowance by plan will be used first and then the standard plan excess data rate will apply.
- After 30 days, messages sent to your BlackBerry email address(es) may be automatically deleted.
Things you need to know
BlackBerry®, BBM™, BlackBerry App World® and related trade marks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.