Imagine if you could stream videos, download music and play games over the web at lightning fast speeds.
As it rolls out over the next 10 years, the National Broadband Network (NBN) will change how we access information, use communications and enjoy our entertainment.
That’s because the superfast fibre optic network will mean most of us can enjoy broadband speeds of up to 100Mbps*.
The NBN could be coming to a area near you soon, so find out when and how you can start to experience the most significant telecommunications project in our history here.
What the NBN really means for you
It isn’t just about faster and more reliable connections, the NBN means the internet becomes integrated into your home and life – so you can touch, find, watch and listen more than ever before.
3 Steps to get the NBN
Things you need to know
*These speeds exceed the capabilities of some content servers and personal computers. Actual speeds will be slower and will vary due to a number of factors including hardware and software configuration, source and type of content downloaded, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by Telstra. Devices connected by WiFi may experience slower speeds than those connected by ethernet cable.
Do you live in a new estate or development?
Congratulations on your new home, we hope you’re enjoying your new place.
You’ve probably had 1,001 things to organise since moving in. We understand that deciding on your fixtures and fittings, your furniture and everything in-between is time consuming, so we want to help you take care of one more thing on your list - connecting your internet and home phone.
We’re ready to make connecting to the NBN as easy as possible. From organising your installation appointments to making sure all your devices are up and running, you can trust Telstra to make it work. Even if the NBN hasn’t arrived in your area, Telstra can get your new home connected with.
For more information please call 1800 TFIBRE (1800 834 273).
What is the NBN?
It’s one of the Australian government's biggest ever infrastructure projects. The National Broadband Network (NBN) aims to give all Australians access to high speed broadband.
Australia’s a big place. Installing the new network across the country is going to take NBN Co around 10 years. The plan is to roll out fibre region-by-region to 93% of Australian premises. The other 7% where fibre can’t reach, fixed wireless and satellite technologies will be used.