- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Telstra Mobile Connect Solution
Telstra Mobile Connect is a complete solution to help you manage your many mobile devices - an often complex and time consuming task. It could reduce the burden on your support staff and increase the productivity and responsiveness of your mobile workers.
Telstra Mobile Connect is a set of data plans that allow you to access business applications, such as company email, with no excess usage charges when connected to the Next G® network while in Australia.
What’s more, to help manage smartphones and tablets, our Telstra Mobile Device Management platform enables your support team to perform device administration on compatible devices through a convenient online portal at no additional cost in Australia. You just need to request access to the Telstra Mobile Device Management platform from us to start using the Mobile Device Management portal.
All this backed by Telstra’s award-winning 24/7 Enterprise-grade Customer Service®.
Things you need to know
Telstra Mobile Connect is only available to customers with a 10 digit account number.
Telstra Mobile Connect - Business Application data usage: Your included allowance includes data sent or received by a device on the Telstra Next G® network in Australia through port 443 (SSL) and any data sent or received by a device on the Telstra Next G® network in Australia over the Telstra IP Wireless private APN (telstra.corp). The speed of such business data will be slowed to 256kbps when your usage exceeds 3GB per month. Other data charges such as international roaming are not included.
Telstra Mobile Connect could extend the benefits of business applications to more of your mobile staff and deliver real benefits such as:
Flexibility: Be able to sync your corporate email, calendar and contacts to your smartphones or tablets while out of the office.
Increase productivity: Get staff the applications and documents they need so that they can get on with doing business.
Extended security: The Next G® and Next IP® networks provide options for using your devices over a more secure connection. Additional costs apply where a more secure connection is required.
The right plan for your business: Flexible pricing options depending on your budget.
Experience the Telstra difference
- Wide experience in designing, building, deploying and managing mobility solutions.
- The highest levels of support through partnerships with leading vendors.
- Overseas roaming in over 180 countries (International Roaming rates apply).
- The Telstra Next G® network, Australia’s largest national mobile broadband network, offering better in-building coverage than other Australia mobile networks.
- Option to use Telstra 4G LTE technology when you have a 4G-compatible device. It’s seamlessly integrated with the Telstra Next G® network. Telstra 4G offers less latency to help you do more while on the move when in 4G coverage areas.
- Help improve device security with a secure connection over the Telstra Next G® and Next IP® networks. Additional costs apply where a more secure connection is required.
4G speeds are currently available in all capital CBDs, associated airports and selected regional locations and will automatically switch to our fastest 3G network speeds available in other coverage areas.
Things you need to know
Next G® network coverage depends, in part, on where you are, the device you’re using and whether it has an external antenna attached. 4G Speeds & coverage: With a 4G capable device customers can experience typical download speeds of 2Mbps – 40Mbps, and typical upload speeds of 1Mbps – 10Mbps in all capital CBD’s (meaning within 5km from the GPO), associated airports and selected regional areas (meaning 3km of the regional town centre). Outside these areas, 4G capable devices will automatically switch over to Telstra’s fastest available 3G HSPA (High Speed Packet Access technology) network and speeds will be less. Actual speeds vary due to factors such as location, distance from the base station, local terrain, user numbers, hardware & software configuration and download source/upload destination.
™ and ® are trade marks and registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556.
Telstra Mobile Connect offers features that could boost the performance of your mobile staff:
- No excess usage charges when accessing business applications, like company email in Australia on the Telstra Next G® network.
- Compatibility with a wide range of smartphones and tablets
- Flexible pricing to match your budget
- Backed by Telstra’s award-winning Enterprise-grade Customer Servic®
When subscribed to Mobile Connect, you get access to the Telstra Mobile Device Management Portal at no additional cost to help you remotely manage devices quickly and conveniently.
Depending on the device model, you can quickly perform activities like:
- Configure devices settings like ActiveSync, Wi-Fi, APN, VPN etc
- Restrict device applications and hardware like camera, App Store etc
- Enable security features on devices like lock, wipe, enforce passwords
- Create and manage an enterprise application store
- Query device information like memory, serial number, roaming status, software applications and more
- Send SMS messages
- Export reports on devices being used by staff
Features and functions can vary by device model. For more information please visit Telstra Mobile Device Management portal.
Things you need to know
Business Application data usage: Your included allowance includes data sent or received by a device on the Telstra Next G® network in Australia through port 443 (SSL) and any data sent or received by a device on the Telstra Next G® network in Australia over the Telstra IP Wireless private APN (telstra.corp). The speed of such business data will be slowed to 256kbps when your usage exceeds 3GB per month. Other data charges such as international roaming are not included.