- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Garmin® Navigator turns your smartphone into a fully featured GPS device. It has free basic navigation, but for subscribers it is one of the most comprehensive GPS navigation solutions available on mobile phones in Australia. It’s currently available on a number of handsets, but for others there’s Whereis Navigator. The How do I get it? section explains which solution is compatible for your handset.
To download Garmin Navigator now, visit http://telstra.mobi/garmin on your mobile's browser.
Garmin Navigator turns your smartphone into a GPS device, with turn by turn spoken directions, 3D junction views, lane guidance, live traffic and speed alerts, petrol prices and more.
For Telstra customers with compatible Next G® handsets, Garmin Navigator provides free basic navigation, integrated yellow pages, and the latest maps updated four times a year. Free features on Garmin Navigator are free of subscriptions, free of data charges on the Next G network, and free of third party advertisements.
Subscribers to Garmin Navigator also have access to the latest premium features not common in other navigation applications such as live traffic incident data and petrol prices, quarterly map updates, free upgrades, 3D junction views and lane guidance. Subscribers on supported phones and tablets* can also enable 3D buildings and landmarks, and an advanced pedestrian navigation mode that will show you where to walk and which train, tram, or ferry to catch, where to change and where to stop in most major cities. Garmin Navigator can help you avoid major traffic incidents, toll roads, and find points of interest such as hotels, restaurants, ATMs, and petrol stations.
Improve productivity and time management
Garmin® Navigator helps your mobile workforce choose the fastest available routes and avoid traffic jams, so they can reduce journey times without having to pore over maps and wait for traffic reports. Saving time and knowing your estimated time of arrival means you can plan additional activities and appointments in a day – improving productivity, and notify clients of delays – improving professionalism.
Improve your operational and costs efficiency
Garmin Navigator can help you avoid road tolls and traffic congestion. It will notify the locations of fixed speed and red light cameras and petrol stations near your route, lowering road-travel related expenses.
Helps improve customer service levels
Garmin Navigator helps your mobile workforce to avoid getting lost when travelling to customer sites, improving punctuality. The accurate directions can make road navigation safer and less stressful with speed alerts and the ability to avoid traffic incidences.
Experience the Telstra difference
Garmin Navigator provides:
- Exclusive navigation application: Highly accurate, always up-to-date map data including fixed speed and red-light cameras and points-of-interest information.
- Ease of engagement: Simply download the application to get started. We also offer a simple and predictable monthly fee inclusive of data carriage.
- World-class network: Telstra’s Next G® mobile network is Australia’s largest mobile network that provides unparalleled reliability, coverage and data speed.
Garmin® Navigator free features include:
- Easy-to-use GPS navigation
- Australia's best and most up-to-date maps
- No data charges on the Next G network
- Built in Yellow Pages
Garmin Navigator Premium features include:
- Accurate turn-by-turn Garmin navigation, lane guidance and 3D junction views
- Australian pronunciation of spoken instructions and street names
- Live traffic events and avoidance
- Enhanced pedestrian navigation* with train, tram and ferry routes in capital cities
- 3D buildings and landmarks for perspective and reference points to help you navigate
- Speed limits for most major roads
- Petrol prices for many nearby petrol stations
- Options to avoid tolls, unpaved roads, highways, and major traffic events
- Red-light camera and speed alerts
- Flight information
- Telstra billing, so if you are a post-paid customer, charges are included on your bill or if you are Pre-Paid, charges are deducted from your account balance
Pricing for premium features
- 24 hours $2.95
- Monthly $9.95 (first month Free)
- 3 months $29.95
- 6 months $49.95
Things you need to know
* Available on Android phones, and Apple® iPhone 3GS or later. Not supported yet in Windows Phone 7.
How do I get it?
Garmin® Navigator is currently available on a number of handsets including Android phones and tablets, Windows Phone 7 handsets, Apple® iPhone3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, and works well on the iPad and iPad 2. Blackberry users and customers with other phones should consider using Whereis Navigator, which provides a good user experience on existing devices.
To download now, visit http://telstra.mobi/garmin on your mobile's browser.
To download the Garmin® Navigator from the Apple App store open 'App store' and click 'Search'. Type in Telstra and tap 'Search', choose Garmin® Navigator and tap 'FREE' and install. Enter iTunes Password then tap 'Ok'.
Please see our FAQs for instructions on how to use this service:
Things you need to know
Restrictions on driver use, including specific restrictions on L and P plate drivers, exist in some States and Territories and you should check local rules.
For full Garmin® Navigator terms, please visit Our Customer Terms
Apple and iPad are trade marks of Apple, Inc., registered in the US and other countries. iPhone is a trade mark of Apple, Inc.
Android and the Android logo, as well as the Google play and the Google play Logo are trade marks of Google, Inc.
Windows is a trade mark of the Microsoft Group of companies.
® Registered trade mark of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556.