- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Our Managed Router Service is a proven and cost-effective way to help improve the performance of your wide area network (WAN). It provides professional support using best-of-breed tools to remotely monitor, manage and report on your on-premise routers and networks1. Highly qualified and certified engineers back our service, both in the field and in our Network Operations Centre.
Our management, combined with configuration flexibility and tight integration with our data carriage solutions can help:
- Improve network operations
- Simplify management
- Lower cost of ownership
The assurance of expert support to agreed service levels also gives you more time to focus on business.
Managed Router is the core service in the Managed Data Network (MDN) suite of solutions. When deployed in conjunction with Managed Switch and enhanced Managed Data Network services such as WAN Optimisation and Data Centre Optimisation, it will enable you to fully customise the management of your network infrastructure on a site-by-site basis. You can enjoy the convenience of an end-to-end SLA2 including Telstra data carriage, to support your total data network. Managed Router can also be the foundation for solutions such as Unified Communications and Cloud Computing, helping to drive the cost-effectiveness of IT infrastructure and improve productivity.
Help enhance network performance and lower risk
Advanced functions and guaranteed proactive service levels to improve WAN performance and reliability. We also offer network configuration and dimensioning, plus design consultancy to assess the impact of introducing new business applications to minimise any problems.
Help improve financial outcomes
Maximise the value of your network investment by leveraging our capabilities and economies of scale. You can replace capital expenditure with a consistent operating cost and reduce expenditure on Information, Communication and Technology (ITC) systems.
Access advanced ICT capabilities
Managed Router helps you boost productivity through low-risk access to new ICT technologies. It can also offer a seamless platform for future business growth with capabilities such as Unified Communications, Security and Telstra’s cloud-based Network Computing Services. In turn, this can help you to innovate more rapidly and compete more effectively.
Focus on core business
With Telstra providing day-to-day operational support, both in our Operations Centre and on site, you can reduce the burden on IT staff and allow them to concentrate on activities that deliver greater value to your organisation.
Work with the best
Only we can manage a customer network environment with the scalability, reach and agility required to innovate rapidly, compete more effectively and maximise the value of your network investment. Managed Data Networks provides a unique, single interface to our powerful Telstra Next IP™ network and Next G™ network. Only Telstra, through our end-to-end network visibility, can deliver the performance and reliability of your network solutions in a low-risk, day-to-day operation, and provide a platform for future growth. We have the expertise, industry accreditations and advanced technologies to get the job done. We also provide one point of contact for all your needs.
The Managed Router service can manage WAN routing equipment for all your sites across Australia, including the smallest branch office.
- Procurement/rental of equipment
- Once-off design and installation services
- Support for Cisco® and Juniper equipment
- Management of your existing router infrastructure through the Proactive Secure Management service tier (if the equipment is an MDN accredited device)
- Flexibility to add on additional MDN services
We have four flexible management tiers that allow you to customise he management level on a per site basis.
The four tiers include:
- Basic Management: This is essentially an alerting service, with the IP devices covered by the service being interrogated at regular intervals. It is ideal if you have little in-house monitoring expertise, or where the devices within the network are not accredited for Telstra’s Proactive or Reactive tiers of management. This service tier does not cover switch maintenance and fault management.
- Reactive Management: This is a cost-effective solution for smaller, non-critical sites. With this tier, router management is performed solely on a reactive basis. You must contact the Help Desk when you detect a fault, as we do not proactively poll the routers. For an additional fee, you can choose to have commissioning and maintenance on either a repair or replacement basis.
- Proactive Management: This tier provides proactive monitoring and alarming of routers and the supporting Telstra network, response, diagnosis and repair. Configuration file assurance is provided by daily back-ups. This tier will suit organisations that don't have in-house management expertise or have sites where business continuity is essential.
- Proactive Secure Management: This tier is delivered by Defence Signals Directorate (DSD) cleared staff from ASIO T4 compliant facilities. For an additional fee, you can also choose to have commissioning, monthly written analysis reporting and various levels of network alteration management. This tier suits organisations with a high security requirement such as the government agencies.
SLA Premium provides enhanced SLAs that you can customise for the end-to-end management and assurance of your total service inclusive of Telstra data carriage.
We offer a range of reporting options either for selected sites or for the complete managed data network infrastructure. These reporting options may incur an additional fee.
- Online Reporting: This service allows you to view reports and statistics to determine network performance. You can see data in near real time such as traffic utilisation, device metrics (CPU utilisation, memory usage etc) interface utilisation, top-end reports, trend reporting and more.
- Written Analysis Reporting: It provides a comprehensive analysis of the health of your WAN. You can choose which network services are included and have either monthly or quarterly reports.
Things you need to know
Cisco is a registered trade mark of Cisco Systems, inc. and/or its affiliates in the. U.S. and certain other countries.
™ and ® are trade marks and registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556.
Things you need to know
- Please note, we will not manage our competitors’ data networks.
- End-to-end SLA inclusive of Telstra Data carriage is available utilising the Telstra SLA Premium service. Additional charges will apply.