- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
We're using the latest interactive education tools today, to help children, scholars and students meet the challenges of tomorrow.
The Telstra Next IP® and Next G® networks and services are helping to change the management, delivery and support of education and training.
Our integrated service delivery enables greater efficiencies and improved learning outcomes.
Solutions developed and delivered, in cooperation with both educational and technology partners, are helping to meet the industry's strategies and goals for information, communications and technology (ICT).
Telstra’s ICT Education solutions:
- Improve access to learning opportunities
- Strengthen linkages and partnerships between the three education sectors so that student learning experiences become a continuum characterised by consistent best practice
- Enhance opportunities for learning throughout life by providing access to individualised and flexible education and training
- Support current and future needs of the industry, communities and regional areas
Forge closer links between students and educators
Education no longer needs to be constrained by distance. Engage and empower students with innovative course material, increased interaction and opportunities to learn in the way that works best for them.
Focus on student needs
Enables educators to provide online content and collaboration tools that allow students to learn at their preferred pace and time.
Address industry skills shortage
Enables most Australians to benefit from of a better, more effective and modernised education process, even in remote locations1.
Enhance your education service
Our Education Solutions enable the provisioning of a learning environment that:
- Engages learners
- Supports the individual needs of learners
- Encourages the sharing of information and experience
- Supports parent engagement
- Provides flexibility and choice in applications and specialist education services, such as learning activities, management systems, collaboration systems and school administration
By providing greater choice of content, learning applications and greater flexibility in how people learn, the individual needs and learning styles of students can be better met. Students, teachers and families will reap the benefits of an environment that fosters the capture, organisation, sharing and utilisation of knowledge. This environment will give learners an improved opportunity to succeed by:
- Encouraging and enabling a community focus on learning
- Making strategic use of resources and infrastructure
- Providing an enterprise wide and scalable learning solution
- Enabling integrated data sources – enhancing the capacity for strategic planning
- Providing a rich and timely insight into the learners progress
- Enabling access to classroom activities and resources in many places across Australia
- Catering to individual needs and learning styles
- Increasing professional development opportunities
- Providing greater choice in learning resources and applications
- Easing the transition between school and career
Experience the Telstra difference
Implement the latest communications to reap immediate operational benefits while keeping costs down. We can provide your business with information and communications technology solutions to support the efficient delivery of your education service.
Things you need to know
- Like any other mobile network, Next G® mobile telephone coverage depends in part on where you are, what particular handset you are using and whether your handset has an external antenna attached. Check www.telstra.com for coverage information.
Telstra Next Dimension Working
The Telstra Next IP™ and Next G® networks are delivering Australia’s largest fully integrated National IP network.
Telstra Next Dimension Working will enable:
- Improved learning outcomes using design tools to manage activity and adapt to individual learning styles
- Improved productivity and accountability by simplifying administration and information flows through our integrated service delivery.
Mobile email and applications
Teachers can now have the information they need in the palm of their hands while email and applications can be accessed using wireless devices. This means that teachers and administrators can stay in contact and access information and services in many places across Australia.
Content delivery and collaboration
Harness the diversity of knowledge and experience within and beyond the school community and provide quick, easy and secure access to quality teaching and learning resources with Telstra’s Collaboration services.
Interactive distance learning tools enable educators to reach many places across Australia.
Our content delivery and collaboration tools can help your organisation:
- forge closer links between schools, homes and communities
- allow students to learn at their own pace
- bring specialists (virtually) into classrooms
- offer services to more students than ever before.
We offer increased engagement and interaction between schools, parents, families, and the wider community through the use of our messaging services.
- Managing information to (and from) parents
- Managing emergency teacher engagement
For Universities and TAFES:
- Communication with both students and teaching staff
- Managing professional development for staff
- Managing requirements for knowledge management
Telstra Integrated Messaging (TIM)
TIM can send out information to parents via SMS quickly and efficiently. Parents can even respond to the SMS, making it a great tool to handle school registers/absentees/truancy etc.
TIM and the StaffMatch application can be integrated into schools’ own HR databases to handle this efficiently and effectively for a large number of staff at once. Shortages and staff sickness can be managed easily by sending messages to a pre-selected group of supply teachers who have previously registered/indicated their availability.
TIM allows you to automate routine procedures to save time (TIM Reminder function and Campaign Manager).
Routine and exception messages can be sent out, and responses managed, e.g. student timetables, seminar/tutoring details, changes to lectures etc.
TIM can also be used for safety issues/disaster planning; messaging evacuation information and procedures in the event of an emergency.