- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Telstra Unified Contact Centre
Telstra Unified Contact Centre is an on premises contact centre solution for customers who own large or multi-site contact centres. It combines Cisco’s advanced contact centre technologies with Telstra's expertise in design, integration and support.
Contact centres have always faced challenges of improving customer satisfaction, efficiency and revenue to cost ratios. Trends such as IP migration, distributed and virtualised environments, and diverse customer interaction channels create an opportunity to address these challenges. The introduction of more complexity and a pressing need to upgrade infrastructure, challenges customers to choose the best of breed contact centre solution to meet their complex requirements.
Telstra Unified Contact Centre (TUCC) is an advanced contact centre solution – incorporating design, integration, implementation and management services, with the advanced technology of Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal (CVP). Cisco UCCE and Cisco CVP are state of the art solutions with a track record of addressing these challenges.
Telstra Unified Contact Centre combines Cisco’s advanced contact centre technologies, Telstra’s proven expertise in contact centre design, deployment and integration, and Telstra’s IP infrastructure. It can also integrate with a range of existing contact centre applications such as call recording or workforce management. Telstra Unified Contact Centre is a natural extension for customers who have Cisco Unified Communications Manager for their enterprise telephony requirements. As a multi-faceted on premises solution, Telstra Unified Contact Centre is ideally suited for organisations with large, sophisticated, multi-site contact centre environments.
This service can be found under Telstra Unified Contact Centre within Telstra Our Customer terms.
Telstra Unified Contact Centre, incorporating Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal offers a suite of versatile functions that can be integrated with a range of existing contact centre applications. It can help your organisation drive efficiencies, improve agent productivity, maximise customer satisfaction and assist revenue generation. Telstra Unified Contact Centre can help you to achieve the following:
- Enhance customer satisfaction
Your customers can interact via their preferred communications channel, inbound or outbound calls, via email or chat, for example, helping to increase customer convenience and satisfaction
- Increase agent efficiency
Sophisticated routing enables you to route interactions to the most appropriate resource based on defined business rules, helping to improve first call resolution
- Improve call answer times
Automated call classification and self service options can help shorten answer times, improve customer service and free agents to manage higher value tasks
- Reduce complexity
Telstra can offer professional services to advise in the planning process and assist with ongoing management. Telstra also provides a single point of contact for the total solution provided by Telstra, including network services backed by a breadth and depth of established contact centre domain capability and expertise
- Assurance of high availability
Optional proactive monitoring and management of all solution components from the network through to the CPE are designed to maximise the performance of the contact centre solution and optimise your customers’ experience
- Improved infrastructure management
Server virtualisation using the Cisco Unified Computing System can help you lower capital and operating costs and simplify management
Experience the Telstra difference
Telstra provides a single point of expertise for design, procurement, deployment and management for Telstra Unified Contact Centre. This enables us to assist you in streamlining processes and maximising the effectiveness of operations.
An exclusive strategic alliance with Cisco enables Telstra to integrate Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal with our next generation IP networks. This means we can offer new capabilities faster, with less risk and more cost-effectiveness. In addition, we offer world class assets - the Telstra Next G® network and the Telstra Next IP® network - which together form Australia’s largest fully integrated IP network. Our unique visibility of these networks enables proactive management to help you maximise the availability of your network and connectivity with your customers. At the same time, you benefit from our networks’ enhanced reach, capacity and security.
Telstra’s capabilities are supported by strong credentials that include:
- A depth and breadth of contact centre expertise including managing our own contact centre environment and those of our customers
- Specialist knowledge in customer interactions and customer experience benchmarks
- Ongoing investment in cutting edge technologies such as identity fraud
- The certifications, best practice methods and significant experience of Telstra Next Generation Services™ in optimising contact centre environments
- Accredited Cisco Authorised Technology Provider for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal
- Deployment and support of Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal for leading organisations with proven results
Depending on what optional enhanced features you select, your Telstra Unified Contact Centre can include a combination of the following:
- Sophisticated routing: intelligent distribution of interactions to the most appropriate available resource based on your defined business rules
- Multimedia interactions*: Multimedia customer contact options available including web chat and email in addition to standard phone interactions
- Computer telephony integration: delivers call and customer data to the agent desktop as interactions arrive (screen pop), enabling personalised service and assists to increased efficiency
- Cisco Agent Desktop*: ready to use desktop allow agents to perform call and contact control functions. The agent desktop works in conjunction with functions like Agent Greetings and Whisper Announcements which can assist to increase agent productivity and improve personalisation to the end customer
- Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal*: advanced call management and call treatment tools with a self service IVR option enabling personalised call classification and steering of the call to the correct agent. Courtesy call back also allows customers to request a call back.
- Cisco Outbound*: supports predictive, progressive, or preview dialling, and may be integrated for either a blended or non-blended approach
- Reporting: a comprehensive and easy to use reporting suite with near real-time and historical reports for all interaction types. The historical reports can be executed down to 15 minute interval granularity
- Cisco Unified Computing System Server Virtualisation: Enables multiple core Cisco applications to be deployed on a single server
Other options available include*: disaster recovery plan; high availability for applications; ability to develop a custom desktop; ability to integrate with third party Work Force Optimisation (WFO), incorporating Workforce Manager, Call Recording and Speech Analytics and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
Pre-requisites for Telstra Unified Contact Centre and incompatible products
Unless we agree with you otherwise, a pre-requisite is the Telstra Unified Communications solution (which includes the Cisco Unified Communications Manager) with Reactive or Proactive management.
Self management is not available - you must select Reactive or Proactive* management for Telstra Unified Contact Centre.
If Proactive management is selected, then Telstra Managed Data Networks solution is also required.
If Reactive management is selected, you will need to provide us with a remote access method (providing connection to the managed equipment) that is approved by us.
* These are optional enhanced features of Telstra Unified Contact Centre