- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Xero Online Accounting
Xero is an easy but powerful accounting system, designed to save small business owners time and money. There are no upfront purchase costs, complicated installations or ongoing upgrades to worry about. You just get instant access to a real-time view of your finances, which you can easily share with your accountant.
Get a real-time view of your business at a glance, with a snapshot of all your recent transactions.
Create send, receive and report on invoices in one place and get a clear view of where your income is coming from and when.
Keeps your records accurate and up to date with easy bank reconciliations and automatic daily feeds of account transactions, direct from your bank.
Monitor and manage how much money you owe – instantly know what's waiting payment and what's overdue.
Keep a file of the individuals and organisations you do business with, and have their details automatically populate your invoices and transaction records.
Make it easy to enter, manage and reconcile your personal expenses.
Access your accounts and run your business from any web connection, anywhere in the world, using a PC, Mac or mobile device.
Generate and view interactive reports in real-time, anytime. Your financial advisors can also create and publish the reports they need, as they need them.
For your accountant
At Xero’s heart is a full accrual accounting system which automates and simplifies your day-to-day bookkeeping, ready for professional analysis.
Automatically convert foreign currency exchanges with live exchange rates for over 160 currencies, updated every hour from XE.com.
Everything you need to manage your staff. Make pay runs, track leave and rest never pay for an upgrade. Payroll is built-in to Xero so payments, leave obligations and tax are automatically accounted for.
Smart, speedy pay runs
Schedule regular pay runs and ABA files are automatically created, with a full history for you to audit whenever you want.
Automatic tax tables
Never pay for tax tables again. Xero automatically updates your tax tables every year.
Employees manage themselves
Give employees access to view payslips and apply for leave without seeing any other part of your accounting or payroll.
Xero’s entire reputation depends on its security. So you can rest assured that your sensitive financial data is heavily guarded.
Xero’s developers work closely with Aura Security to continually audit security. Among other assessments, the Aura team conduct penetrative testing, with unannounced and deliberate attacks to measure Xero’s vulnerability. Aura has been highly impressed by Xero because, as they found, "the security of Xero was embedded in the company's mindset and filtered down from the CEO right through to the admin team."
Xero refuses to publish many of its security practices because doing so could create an opening. However, some of the more obvious precautions include:
- Xero models its security on the policies and measures taken by banks
- They use 128 bit SSL encryption, the same used for internet banking
- Their servers are hosted on a tier-one hosting provider, who monitors their servers and firewalls 24 / 7 / 365 at a guarded facility
- Only a few authorised personnel at Xero have admin access to the servers
- There is an audit trail of everything users do in Xero, and you can monitor the activity of all your invited users
- No one gets access to your records unless you invite them. You can remove any invited users whenever you want. You can invite Xero Customer Care for support purposes only and completely at your discretion
- Users must choose a strong password and automatic lockouts are enforced if incorrect passwords are entered – alerting Xero to any hacking attempts.
- Xero doesn't allow the browser to save your login, to eliminate potential access from a stolen or compromised computer
- If you are logged in and don't use Xero for a set period you will be automatically logged out, in case you’ve left your computer unattended
- Security is an ongoing process, not a singular event – Xero continuously reinforces its defences.
Xero is more secure than desktop accounting systems because:
- Unlike desktop applications, your data isn't stored on your computer. So if your laptop is lost or stolen no one can access your data without a login.
- Accessing your accounts online, from Xero’s servers, is infinitely more secure than sharing files by email or sending data on removable disks and drives.
Choose from three plans to suit your business:
|Great for freelancers, home office businesses and smaller property |
|Ideal for small and medium sized businesses||Best for businesses that transact or bank in foreign currencies|
| || || |
|$29 inc GST per company per month||$49 inc GST per company per month||$64 inc GST per company per month|
|Free 30 day trial1||Free 30 day trial1||Free 30 day trial1|
|Buy online||Buy online||Buy online|
Xero is available on an internet-connected PC or Mac running Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox 3+ and Safari 3+ web browsers2. Xero also works across mobile devices such as iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry® and Windows mobile devices.
Things you need to know
The trial period is available for an initial order for each Xero service only. After the trial period, charging for each applicable service will commence. The limits on the Xero Small apply to:
- The invoice limit applies to approved invoices and credit notes and there are separate limits for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. The date is based on the date of the invoice, not the date it was entered
- The bank statement limit applies to reconciled bank statement lines. You can still import more than 20 statement lines per month, but will only be able to reconcile 20
- You can also manually enter more than 20 spend/receive money transactions or invoice payments per month, but will only be able to reconcile 20. The date is based on the date of the bank transaction, not the date it was entered in Xero.
To cancel your subscription to this service, please contact 13 2000.
- Accessibility and functionality of the T-Suite portal and applications may be affected by the internet connection, browser and computer system you are using. Software and system requirements may apply to a T-Suite application. Please refer to Our Customer Terms for further details. Third Party Information – All of the examples, video material, testimonials, whitepapers, practice papers, information through web links and other similar content connected with this site is prepared by third party suppliers ("Third Party Information") and Telstra has allowed that information to be placed on this site. However Telstra has not verified the Third Party Information. You should not assume the Third Party Information is accurate or complete and you should verify the accuracy, completeness and suitability of any Third Party Information on this site before you use or rely on it. Telstra does not warrant or represent that Third Party Information is accurate or complete or suitable for particular purposes. Telstra disclaims all liability to you (and any third party) for any direct, indirect, consequential loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from your use or reliance on any Third Party Information.
® Registered trade mark of Telstra Corporation Limited. ABN 33 051 775 556.