- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Telstra Mobile Smart Antenna®
The Telstra Mobile Smart Antenna has been designed to extend indoor coverage for Telstra Next G® mobile or mobile broadband devices in Next G network coverage areas. All you need is at least one spot within your office or home where you can make calls, and you can use the Smart Antenna to extend that coverage to other areas of the building, where there is no signal or the existing signal strength is low.
Increased coverage can help you to:
- Make voice calls and access mobile broadband in more areas of your home or office
- Enjoy more reliable voice calling
- Experience more consistent mobile broadband data speeds
Unlike other mobile repeaters – which may interfere with mobile networks and are illegal to operate – the Telstra Mobile Smart Antenna is designed, tested and authorised for use on Telstra's 850MHz Next G network.
How it works
- Easy installation as there are no network cables or complex settings – simply plug and play into a standard 240V power supply
- Seamless coverage as you move between the extended coverage provided by the Smart Antenna and immediately adjoining Next G network coverage areas
- Unlike other coverage solutions, the Smart Antenna doesn’t need a fixed broadband connection
- Extended handset battery Life – the Smart Antenna can help improve your handset’s battery life by reducing the amount of battery it needs to connect to the Next G network.
Using the antenna
To use this device, all you need to do is:
- Be in a Telstra Next G coverage area and pass our qualification checks
- Have a Telstra Next G mobile or mobile broadband device
- Have an active Telstra Next G mobile or mobile broadband service
If you would like us to assess whether this device can be of benefit to you, call 13 2000 (say 'coverage') or contact your account executive.