- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Managed Radio & Wireless
If you’re a large corporation, government body or an emergency service, you can’t afford any breakdowns in communication when it comes to your mission-critical radio and wireless operations. The potential cost to your business, customer satisfaction or danger to the community is just too great, which is why we offer a portfolio of Managed Radio and Wireless services to cover all your wireless and data needs.
Our Managed Radio and Wireless portfolio consists of five offerings:
- Government Radio Networks (GRNs) – custom-built networks for the harshest conditions
- Commercial Radio Services – consists of two commercial radio services for vehicle fleets, Fleetcoms and Statenet Mobile Radio (SMR)
- Vehicle Access Networks (VAN) – an integrated in-vehicle hub that takes a range of wireless voice and data services and simplifies their introduction
- Managed Wireless Networks – where we manage your wireless network infrastructure on your behalf
- Facilities Access – Non Carrier – radio tower space leased to government and business entities needing to house their own wireless infrastructure
Five of the best
Our portfolio of five managed radio and wireless offerings enables reliable communications and extensive coverage. Not bound by fixed network infrastructure, these services deliver high service availability for mission-critical access.
Extensive coverage and reliability
Ideal for emergency services operators, these mission-critical grade services provide a high degree of reliability via a custom-built dedicated radio and wireless infrastructure. The multi-network solutions offer extensive coverage and roaming across multiple wireless networks.
Networks customised for emergency needs
We can design, build and manage customised private and mission-critical radio networks for emergency services. These mission-critical networks can be integrated with commercial wireless networks, such as the Telstra Next G® network and satellite. We can also provide an in-vehicle integration product to give your business a single, simplified user interface.
The best in the business
Our Managed Radio and Wireless services benefit from Telstra's ability to leverage its extensive mobile infrastructure and coverage, network and application capabilities. Our experienced field service teams have in-depth knowledge of managed radio and wireless operations.
Government Radio Networks (GRNs)
Mission critical emergency dispatch services often need to be delivered via dedicated wireless infrastructure to guarantee service availability, especially during emergency situations. Government Radio Networks (GRNs) are custom designed and built to State Government and emergency service operator specifications, to deliver services under harsh conditions.
Commercial Radio Services
Used by businesses that require instant and inexpensive voice communications for vehicle fleets, this product consists of two commercial radio services:
- Fleetcoms is a national trunked radio network operating in major cities around Australia and allows users to make and receive radio and/or telephone calls to other users or defined workgroups
- Statenet Mobile Radio (SMR) is a trunked radio network covering approximately 95% of Victoria
Vehicle Access Networks (VAN)
Vehicle Access Network (VAN) is an integrated in-vehicle voice and data solution that simplifies mobile voice and data communications across a range of emergency radio networks and mobile platforms. VAN integrates voice and data transmissions across all available radio systems, enabling emergency staff to be contacted and to access high-speed data applications in the field.
Managed Wireless Networks
We can manage your wireless network infrastructure on your behalf, including two-way radio networks, microwave links, paging networks and telemetry solutions. This service leverages existing GRNs and commercial radio managed services, as well as Telstra’s national mobile networks.
Facilities Access – Non Carrier
Enterprise and government organisations can use our mobile and radio towers to house a range of private wireless infrastructure. The service not only includes the rental of tower space, but other assets such as huts and power within the tower compounds.
Things you need to know
™ and ® are trade marks and registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556.