- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Ethernet Line (E-Line)
Ethernet Line is a dedicated point-to-point, and point-to-multipoint data service for big corporations. It can transmit large amounts of data at high speeds over your Wide Area Network (WAN) between Australia’s capital cities and other urban areas.
Transmit large amounts of data with a high-capacity, long-haul Ethernet product. Ethernet Line (E-Line) is a dedicated high-speed point-to-point, and point-to-multipoint Ethernet data service, supporting Layer 2 Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet transmission of data.
Ethernet Line transmits data in and between Australia’s capital cities as well as other urban areas. The service can provide your company with:
- Dedicated high bandwidth - connection speeds to customer sites range from 10Mbits to 10Gbits for point-to-point services and 10Mbits to 1Gbits for point-to-multipoint services
- Internet Direct connectivity - connect to the internet
- Ethernet customer interface - directly connect standard Ethernet customer premise equipment (CPE) to the service.
Help protect all your critical data
Ethernet Line offers clear channel-like performance over our network, reducing issues around packet loss, latency and jitter. Head-end data aggregation further allows for point-to-multipoint connection with a single fibre at the customer head. Up to 16 sites can be aggregated to the head-end, with the total bandwidth not exceeding 1Gbits.
Perfect for inter-capital data transfer
Ethernet Line transmits large amounts of data in and between Australia’s capital cities as well as other urban areas. The latency of the E-Line service depends on the connecting cities, on whether the route is coastal or inland (between some cities) and whether the connectivity is protected or standard.
Ethernet Line is a premium dedicated data product - you don’t share core bandwidth with other E-Line customers. E-Line provides carrier-grade point-to-point and point-to-multipoint dedicated data capacity.
Protect against network failures
Ethernet Line can provide full connectivity protection. If one side of the synchronous digital hierarchy (SDH) ring fails, customer traffic is automatically redirected to the other side of the ring using sub-network connection protection (SNCP) in less than 50 milliseconds.
Let us manage it for you
We have the experience and capabilities to plan, build and support Ethernet-based network solutions. Managed Wireless Access Network (WAN) options are available with Ethernet customer premises equipment. This way you can focus on your core business and let us manage your entire network.
Transmit your data over greater distances
Ethernet Line is a premium service that meets the needs of businesses requiring the transmission of data at higher bandwidths over greater distances.
- Ethernet customer interface - allows your Ethernet customer premise equipment (CPE) to connect directly to the service
- Layer 2 networking - supports protocols other than internet protocol (IP) and retains control over the routing of data traffic
- Inter-capital and intra-capital services - transmits data in and between Australia’s capital cities as well as other urban areas
- Wide range of speeds - connection speeds to customer sites range from 10Mbits to 10Gbit
- Head-end data aggregation - allows for only one access service connection with Multiple Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN) to customer and/or an internet connection.