- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Telstra Business Broadband offers a range of devices to best suit your business needs from small, at home operations, through to big business. Our new Telstra Standard Business Gateway offers easy DIY installation, secure wireless networking and Next G® fail-over set-up options, while our Cisco® Small Business Pro features embedded intelligence to support a variety of data and security applications, and remote working services.
Telstra Standard Business Gateway
Business Network Gateways offer:
- Wi-Fi connection in the office with the latest N-standard Wi-Fi
- Great for small business set-ups - multiple devices can share the internet connection at the same time (each computer must meet minimum system requirements)
- Connect multiple devices such as PCs, Macs, laptops, smart TV's
- Includes one high-speed Gigabit Ethernet port and three standard Ethernet ports for a wired connection
- Quick and simple self installation - no need to be a technical expert
- Supports set-up of Next G device for internet backup - helping to get you connected when in Next G coverage areas
- Industry standard Wi-Fi security encryption to help protect your business network from unauthorised people gaining access
Cisco Small Business Pro Gateways
Each Cisco® Gateway offers:
- 4-port managed Ethernet switching enabling seamless integration with other equipment
- VLAN support for highly secure segmentation of network resources
- The latest protocol for your Wi-Fi office network
- An in-built USB modem port, which can be used to support a Telstra Mobile Broadband® device. Connect to a Telstra Mobile Broadband service during a fixed broadband network outage to help keep your business online
- Remote working capability meaning you can provide staff with online access to your office server, so they can respond to customer requests and continue working when away from the office
Setting up your new Gateway is simple. You can even self-install your own service as all devices come with an easy-to-follow, Self Install CD. However, we also offer the convenience of professional installation services.
|Telstra Business Broadband Package||Gateway Type||Once-off Charge|
|Telstra Business Broadband ADSL||Business Standard Network Gateway||$144.00|
|Telstra Business Broadband ADSL||Cisco SRP 527W||$290.00|
|Telstra Business Broadband Ethernet||Cisco SRP 521W||$290.00|
The above devices are also supported by the Telstra Professional Installation service. For $144 you can arrange for a Telstra Technician to visit your premises and:
- Connect your new router to the internet
- Upload your username and password to the router
- Test the connection
Professional Installation means you can get your internet up and running as soon and as easily as possible
|Telstra Standard Business Gateway||Cisco® Small Business Pro|
|Model||TG 797n v3||SRP 527W - K9|
CD (Carrier Data)/Data (DSL)
|Interfaces||1 x RJ-11 ADSL2+ port |
1 x RJ-45 10/100/1000 BaseT WAN Port
3 x RJ-45 10/100 BaseT LAN ports and
1 x RJ-45 10/100/1000 BaseT LAN port
1 x USB 2.0 Master port at the rear (1000mA rating)
1 x USB 2.0 Master port at the side (500mA rating)
1 x Power socket
|1 x RJ-11 ADSL2+ port |
2 x FXS (Phone)
1 x FXS (Line)
4 x port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
1 x USB 2.0
1 x Power socket
|Dimensions||135 x 45x 180 mm (HxDxW)||40 x 173 x 173|
|Hardware||Dual Bank Memory |
Dual Core CPU
|DRAM 128MB |
Flash Memory: 64M
|Wireless||2.4GHz Wi-Fi 802.11n (2x2) |
Backward compatible 802.11b/g
WMM (Wireless Multimedia (queuing and scheduling)
Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How can I order a new Telstra Standard Business Gateway?
A: To order your Telstra Standard Business Gateway simply complete our online Business Broadband order form (link to form page) or call 13 2000.
Q: Can I place an order for a Business Broadband ADSL service and pick my Gateway up from a Telstra Shop?
A: No, Business Broadband Gateways are not available from Telstra Shops and are delivered direct to t you. You will receive your device within three days of order for metro areas and five days for regional areas.
Q: If I have a Telstra Standard Business Gateway, what options do I have to help ensure I am connected to the internet when in Next G coverage areas even if my ADSL service is interrupted?
A: The Telstra Standard Business Gateway comes with internet backup capability. The Self Install CD will only automatically configure Telstra Sierra mobile broadband devices with your gateway. Once set-up, the router will default to the wireless Next G network (if you are in a coverage area) and back again if any issue occurs with the ADSL service
Q: Can I use remote working with the Telstra Standard Business Gateway?
A: No – remote working capability, meaning you can provide staff with online access to your office server, enabling them to respond to customer requests and continue working when away from the office – is not available with the Business Network Gateway TG797n
Q: Can I use the Telstra Standard Business Gateway on NBN?
A: The Telstra Standard Business Gateway will be capable of working on the NBN. While the device will only work initially on ADSL, in future, customers will be able to migrate to both NBN data and voice without having to upgrade their device (however software upgrades and plan changes may be required).
Q: What should I receive in my Telstra Standard Business Gateway kit?
A: The Telstra Standard Business Gateway kit includes
- The Telstra Standard Business Gateway
- 1 Splitter/filter
- 1 Ethernet Cable
- 2 Telephone cables
- 1 Self install CD that also includes a soft copy of the device user guide
- Wireless Security card (that will contain the information the customer needs to set-up their Wi-Fi)
- Welcome letter
Note: The Self Install CD is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to setting up the router where the customer does not require any advanced networking features.
Q: Where can I get trouble shooting tips for my Telstra Standard Business Gateway?
A: Please refer to the Telstra Standard Business Gateway User Guide.
Things you need to know
- Feature not included as default
- Next business day replacement applies to metropolitan areas Professional Installation Services
Additional IT support options are also available through our Business Support Extras.
Cisco is a registered trade mark of Cisco systems and/or its affiliates.
™ and ® are trade marks and registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation ABN 33 051 775 556.
Free delivery when you buy online