The information on this screen is no longer current and is provided for educative and historical purposes only. Please refer to the disclaimer.
Telstra launches new BYO mobile plans
Telstra has made its latest phone plans available specifically for customers who don’t want a new mobile handset.
Telstra Consumer Executive Director, Ms Rebekah O’Flaherty, said the new Freedom® Connect BYO Plans will be available online, in-store or by calling Telstra from tomorrow.
“Our Freedom Connect Plans launched last month are doing even better than we’d forecast, with great call and data inclusions and an impressive line-up of mobile phones,” Ms O’Flaherty said.
“The new Freedom Connect BYO Plans acknowledge not everyone wants a new mobile phone. In fact, many Aussies would prefer to hold onto their old phone, rather than upgrade and learn the ins and outs of a completely new device.
“We’re rewarding these customers with more value for less monthly spend. Customers simply bring their existing compatible mobile to Telstra, and can now enjoy one plan better value than the equivalent Freedom Connect Plan.
“For instance, customers who sign up to the $59 Freedom Connect BYO Plan will enjoy all the value of our $79 Freedom Connect Plan – including $800 monthly call allowance, unlimited standard national SMS, unlimited MessageBank retrieval and 2GB of data to use in Australia,” she said.
The new Freedom® Connect BYO Plans are:
- $49 Plan with $550 monthly call allowance, unlimited standard national SMS and 1.5GB of data to use in Australia.
- $59 Plan with $800 monthly call allowance, 2GB of data use in Australia, unlimited standard national SMS and unlimited MessageBank retrieval.
- $79 Plan with $1,200 monthly call allowance, 2.5GB of data to use in Australia, unlimited standard national SMS and unlimited MessageBank retrieval.
- $99 Plan with an unlimited monthly call allowance for standard national voice and video calls, SMS and MessageBank retrieval, 3GB of data to use in Australia, $50 of international calling value.
- These plans include unmetered Green Dot BigPond browsing and free-to-browse social networking via Telstra Tribe® on compatible handsets.
Ms O’Flaherty said: “Customers wanted more certainty and that’s what these mobile plans offer with generous calling value, unlimited standard national text on the $49+ plans, a great 2.5GB data inclusion on the $79 plan and unlimited MessageBank® use on the $59+ plans.”
Reference Number: 113/2011