The information on this screen is no longer current and is provided for educative and historical purposes only. Please refer to the disclaimer.
Telstra first with the groundbreaking Samsung Galaxy NexusTelstra customers will be the first in Australia to get their hands on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus™ smartphone which goes on sale from select Telstra stores and online tomorrow.
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the first smartphone in the world to feature Google’s new Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system which brings an entirely new look and feel to Android™.
Andrew Volard, Director, Telstra Mobile, said the pre-Christmas launch of Galaxy Nexus ™ on the Telstra Mobile Network would see people around Australia re-writing their wish lists.
“Telstra customers have been counting down to the launch of the world’s first Android 4.0 smartphone and we’re delighted to be able to offer this groundbreaking device ahead of Christmas. Our customers are going to love the beautifully redesigned Android 4.0 operating system which features a more modern user interface, resizable widgets and improved web browsing and multitasking. The super-thin Galaxy Nexus with its extraordinarily vivid 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED display is the perfect smartphone to experience Google’s most intuitive operating system yet.
“Our customers will also enjoy superior web browsing on the Galaxy Nexus thanks to Telstra’s HSPA+ mobile download speeds. Customers can pull down web pages faster, stream video with less buffering, and access their social networks more quickly,” Mr Volard said.
Vice President of Telecommunications at Samsung Electronics Australia, Tyler Mcgee, said "Samsung is delighted to introduce a new addition in the highly successful GALAXY family to Australian consumers. The GALAXY Nexus is the first Australian handset to feature Android 4.0 (Ice cream Sandwich), bringing an entirely new look and feel to the popular operating system."
With the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Telstra customers can:
- Enjoy the sharpest, most vibrant smartphone screen yet – Galaxy Nexus’s HD Super AMOLED screen sets new benchmarks for mobile displays allowing owners to enjoy unsurpassed text clarity when browsing the web and superior picture quality when watching HD video on the move.
- Smile to unlock their smartphone – State-of-the-art facial recognition technology lets customers unlock their phone just by looking at it.
- Multitask like never before – Customers can quickly switch between apps with a dedicated ‘recent apps’ button and quickly dismiss those they don't care about with the swipe of a finger.
- Capture the moment – Galaxy Nexus™ has a full-featured 5 megapixel camera with automatic focus and zero shutter lag. A single-motion panoramic mode allows customers to take beautiful panoramic pictures by panning the Galaxy Nexus from one side to another. Android then stitches together an expansive panorama photo, ready to share.
- Beam content between devices – Using NFC technology, Android Beam™ allows sharing of contacts, web pages, YouTube videos, directions, and apps just by touching two NFC-enabled Android phones back to back.
- Enjoy high definition voice calls – Built-in HD Voice support enables crisper, clearer calls when chatting to mates with compatible handsets on the Telstra Mobile Network.
Pricing & AvailabilityGalaxy Nexus is available to purchase from Telstra’s flagship Sydney and Melbourne stores from tomorrow: Telstra’s online store from tomorrow and have it delivered directly to their homes.
For online sales customers can head to: www.telstra.com.au/galaxy-nexus.
Other Telstra stores and Telstra partners (including JB Hi-Fi and Fone Zone) across Australia will commence selling the Galaxy Nexus from this Thursday 15 December.
Consumer customers can purchase the Galaxy Nexus on the $59 Freedom® Connect Plan plus a $10 per month handset repayment, after using the included MRO Bonus (for eligible customers), for 24 months (min cost is $1,656). This plan includes $550 worth of eligible calls, unlimited standard national text and 1.5GB of data to use in Australia each month.
Consumer customer can also purchase the Galaxy Nexus for $0 on the $79 Freedom® Connect Plan after using the included MRO Bonus (for eligible customers), for 24 months (min cost is $1,896). This plan includes $800 worth of eligible calls, unlimited MessageBank® and standard national text and 2GB of data to use in Australia each month.
Telstra Business customers can purchase the Galaxy Nexus on a $59 Business Mobile Maximiser plan plus a $10 per month handset repayment over 24 months (min cost is $ 1,656 over 24 months). This plan includes $550 worth of eligible calls, unlimited standard national text, 1.5GB of data to use in Australia each month and free national voice calls to other eligible Telstra mobile services on the same account.
Reference Number: 391/2011