Telstra is committed to transforming our operations to become an effective electronic business. Our vision is to harness the potential of our procurement processes by introducing a new wave of innovative Electronic Commerce (eCommerce) services to make it simpler, faster and more effective for you, our contracted Vendors, to transact with us.
Telstra uses its Meridian system to seek and analyse RFx’s from vendors. It reduces the effort for vendors to submit their tenders and allows them to work on their offers in a secure environment right up to the closing times.
Telstra can also now assist our contracted Vendors to increase productivity, business agility and in turn, your competitive edge by conducting business transactions with Telstra electronically: from receipt of Purchase Orders, through to provision of Remittance Advices and delivery of Invoices. Telstra also supports Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payments.
As a contracted vendor, conducting business with Telstra via eCommerce provides you with the following benefits:
- Purchase Orders are sent electronically from Telstra to you.
- Improved cash flow through faster payments on invoices, as documents from you are sent directly to Telstra’s financial system.
- Savings in paper costs to you, made possible through electronic exchange of documentation rather than having to receive Purchase Orders by fax and issuing invoices to Telstra by mail.
- No more transaction mix-ups caused by manual handling errors or re-keying of order information.
- Improves your logistics management due to the speed of electronic information transfer reducing order and delivery turnaround times.
- Improved process efficiencies to your Business by minimising the time lag of important information entering and leaving your organisation.
- Automatic confirmation of transaction delivery.
- Availability of online tools to assist you with auditing, monitoring and reporting.
- Standardised document formats.
- Lower order processing costs to you, brought about by a closer fit between your IT systems and your business processes.
- Paves the way for you to capitalise on further eCommerce opportunities to extend your supply chain and reach new partners and customers easily and effectively.
In addition to online transactions, within Telstra we have embraced eCommerce through the implementation of an online purchasing/e-procurement tool called Meridian. Meridian allows Telstra staff to make purchases electronically rather than being reliant on a time-consuming paper-based process.
Find out more about Meridian.