Telstra is one of Australia's leading telecommunications and information services companies and largest corporations. It offers a range of communication services and competes in all telecommunications markets throughout Australia. Telstra's main business activities are to provide:
- telephone lines to homes and businesses
- local and long distance calls in Australia and international calls to and from Australia
- mobile telecommunications services
- a comprehensive range of data, Internet and online services
- wholesale services to other carriers and carriage service providers
- telephone directories (White Pages™ and Yellow Pages®)
- pay television services through an affiliate.
During 2011/12 Telstra purchased approximately $11 billion worth of goods, services and infrastructure from the private sector.
The information contained within these pages outline Telstra's expectations of its vendors.
Vendors must be prepared to actively participate in electronic commerce, with the implementation of Telstra's integrated supply chain solution MERIDIAN.