Contact the Disability Enquiry Hotline to apply for equipment through Telstra's Disability Equipment Program:
- FREECALL™ 1800 068 424* (Voice)
- FREECALL™ 1800 808 981* (TTY only)
- FREEFAX™ 1800 814 777* (Fax)
Fax Application Form
The below application form may be faxed through to the Disability Enquiry Hotline on the FREEFAX™ number above.
- Disability Equipment Program Application Form PDF (31KB) **
- Disability Equipment Program Application Form DOC (73KB) **
To be eligible for equipment through Telstra's Disabililty Equipment Program customers must:
- have a disability and be unable to use a standard telephone handset and
- be a Telstra customer i.e. obtain basic line rental from Telstra or be an associate of a Telstra customer residing at the same address (for example, spouse, member of household or employee) and
- complete an application form (available from the Disability Enquiry Hotline) and have it signed by an authorised professional i.e. a Medical Practitioner, Audiologist, Audiometrist, Ophthalmologist, Optometrist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Pathologist.
Products hired under Telstra’s Disability Equipment Program are provided at the same annual rental charge as a standard rental telephone handset.
If you do not currently have a Telstra rental handset a once-only provisioning fee will apply.
The Disability Enquiry Hotline staff can advise of the current rental charges and if a provisioning fee is applicable.
Note: Business customers who have a PABX, Commander System or other switchboard system, are not eligible for products through the Disability Equipment Program.
Things you need to know
* A free call from most fixed phones.
** You can download these documents by Right clicking (PC), or Option/click (Mac) the document's link, then choosing "save target as..." (IE), or "save link as..." (Netscape)